Brookfield Relocation violated house contract

I bought a home in Denver recently and the interesting part of the sale was that the lady living there had gotten a promotion and was being moved to TX. She and her husband sold their home to Brookfield Global Relocation Services which put it on the market and sold to us. During our inspection we raised numerous issues which the Seller put in writing would be resolved by the Seller. When we moved in some of the items hadn't been completed. I fixed them for about $400 and provided receipts to Brookfield. They assured me that the Seller would reimburse us, but now it's going on 2 months and we've seen nothing from them. Brookfield tells companies that it assumes the responsibility for moving employees around the world, but they have not taken responsibility for this. Hopefully more companies will choose another company to do their relocation.

This is in reply to the comments left by Anonymous in 2014 so this is a bit late. I am one of those realtors used by BRGS for relocation purposes.

As such I will not go into detail by suffice to say that everyone in my company bends over backwards to satisfy our customer and that it is the relocation company that often causes great consternation as well as charging realtors a hefty fee to work with the relocation clients.

We are told that often we can recoup this expense when the client moves again but usually that doesn't happen as they do not leave in the near future as well as getting integrated into the community and getting to know someone else who does real estate. Just saying...we work very hard generally, for quite a big discount.

I have learned that Brookfield is a contracting scam held up by unethical realtors.

The few realtors allowed to handle Brookfield relocations know how to use the system to their benefit (over appraising homes, selling over-appraised homes to new relocations, then selling the home after they leave on over-inflated price and collecting commissions on a Guaranteed Buyout, as well as when the home actually sells again). These realtors working with Brookfield sometimes sell a house many times in just a few years, collecting commissions each time.

Knowing that relocations do not often know the area and, that there are only a handful of realtors contracted to work with Brookfield, they take advantage of the relocated person and contracting company to the nth degree.

The person that oversees these realtors with Brookfield condones the behavior and instructs the realtors to go against contract rules, allowing a huge injustice to taxpayers and independent companies.

Not to mention, they violate the rules and ethics they are bound to follow as realtors.

OIG needs to do an investigation on this company for government contract fraud. I don't think it will take long for them to uncover that they do not work for the relocating person, or the contractor.

@PissedConsumer866056

Interesting post! I would like to know more about the "scam", such as whether it is limited to realtor services or goes into numerous other aspects of relocation of employees by employers.

It seems many employees are unaware of how much control their employers demand that they give to Brookfield GRS. Are there hidden affilations or kickbacks?

@PissedConsumer906323

It's a scam

@PissedConsumer1297396

My company just switched to BGRS for handling their relocations and are telling me I should sign a form so they can transfer my data and have my future relocations be handled by them..

After reading this and some other reviews, I'm not sure if I should want this. Just wondering what the alternative will be as it's a big company so I can't really change their decision to go with this relocation company...

View more comments (4)
ID
Denver, Colorado
Loss

Brands Related to Brookfield Global Relocation Services

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article