Resolved

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker Tewksbury Township, New Jersey

Resolved: Bristol-Myers rips-off disabled employees with AIDS

Updated by user Jun 22, 2024

There is no winning here. I'd take down the entire post if I could.

It's resolved because, well, there will be no correction of what they did or anyone to assist.

They won. Big Pharma always wins.

Updated by user Jun 21, 2024

After reaching out for legal advice and assistance about Bristol-Myers basically stealing my disabled spouse's SSA payments, there is really nobody to help. They can do what they want to you and get by with it.

Everyone says it's wrong and it stinks.

But nobody is willing to do a thing about it.Bristol-Myers Squibb is just another corporate bully. And they don't tell the truth, in my experience, about medication side-effects, including ones that leave permanent nerve damage.

Original review Jun 21, 2024
I have been on total and permanent disability since 2002. Bristol-Myers even allowed me to have an LLC and a business, and they did not deduct anything from my disability pay.
I now have a highly-disabled spouse.

We are barely getting by. And in the process of "proving" that I still have AIDS (uh, it doesn't just go away), they decided that my spouse's spousal social security was really my money, so they just decided to take that out of my pay from them. What his old age had to do with my disability is...ridiculous.
This is a company that has offered us vision insurance twice; given us insurance cards; let us go and order glasses; and then change their minds and say, "Oh, we made a mistake. We should not have offered that to you.

But we did. You paid for it. We are not refunding your premiums; and we have cancelled your vision policy without warning. They did this to us twice.
Yesterday, it was a 67-year-old man's limited meager stipend from SSA that they chose to steal from us.

This is a multibillion-dollar corporation that got that way making money off of AIDS patients. Now their employees on leave who made them a lot of money are getting ripped-off because they had the nerve to get married.
This company is just another crass, outfit making money off people with AIDS and treating their employees on leave who have it like dirt.
If you have a choice, choose any medication from any other company other than Bristol-Myers. They are not gay or AIDS friendly; they just use these people for funds and dump them when they are done using them up.
And they told us to tell, well, a bunch of lies to doctors, hospitals, insurance companies and others about the permanent nerve damage caused by Videx and stavudine. We were told to tell doctors that the way to treat the disturbing, vivid nightmares caused by Sustiva that if they watched a dirty before bedtime (I'm really not making this up!), then instead of nightmares, they would be having wet dreams with their favorite dirty movie actors in their sleep.
How is that for some truth?

That's what we told doctors to tell patients. Does this sound scientific or like some drug company BS? I'd like to know when watching dirty movies before bedtime because an actual medical intervention to prevent uncomfortable and unwanted side effects due to Bristol-Myers Sustiva. How would you feel as a patient being told by your MD to just go buy some dirty movies and watch those to treat this.

It's what the drug company says to do.
When did watching dirty movies become medical advice? Apparently, at BMS, watching dirty movies is medically therapeutic. If that's so, then they should hand out vouchers to go purchase some dirty movies so their medications work correctly.
Does this sound like any kind of legitimate medical advice? Would you take it seriously?

Would you be offended? Well, Bristol-Myers (BMS) thinks this is serious medical advice. As much as they over-charge for their meds, they should have a catalog of dirty movies that's free of charge that you will need to handle the side effects of their Sustiva.
Sound like good medical advice to you?

Not to me. And they had me out there selling this stuff all over.

Preferred solution: Quit lying about permanent peripheral neuropathy and telling people to go watch *** to avoid the nightmares that come with Sustiva

User's recommendation: Bristol-Myers advises watching *** to avoid bad dreams from its medication, Sustiva. Got ***

Tawn H
map-marker Butler, Pennsylvania

High Cost of Prescription Drugs

Why in the world are they running millions of dollars in TV commercials for a drug only prescribed by a Medical Doctor?

Guess who pays for that?

Guess who gets rich on it?

It needs to stop!!

Loss:
Cons:
  • Way too expensive because of tv ads

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Don't buy

Guest

Not only are they way-too expensive, they have and do cause lasting, permanent peripheral neuropathy, an extremely painful condition that can leave you non-ambulatory or on permanent pain management. I used to work for this company as a pharmaceutical rep.

We were told to gloss over overwhelming side-effects, like nightmares caused by Sustiva, and we were told to blame the peripheral neuropathy on 'AIDS.' They knew all along it was their Videx and d4T (stavudine) that were causing it and permanent nerve damage. They didn't care.

They just wanted us to sell more and more. Class action lawsuit, anyone?

Guest

How in the world could you be claiming a loss?

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2100447

She can claim a loss on a sub-par medication, like Sustiva compared to Viramune, and much better medication in that class of drug. She can also be claiming a loss because the medication was ineffective.

That's how in the world she can be claiming a loss. She is a consumer and got charged. THAT'S HOW THAT HAPPENS! DUH!

You have no idea how crooked and dishonest the pharmaceutical industry really is. And they always know about the bad side effects or even suicidal tendencies (Prozac). The Pharmaceutical Industry of America knows it has a nation of drug addicts will to take anything to treat a symptom and never treat the cause. You see, if you treated the cause and not the symptom, then you wouldn't need their over-priced, extortionist pricing that they do to us in the US.

They all sell their meds much cheaper overseas because foreign countries have said either lower the price, or we are not selling it here. So they cut the price for overseas markets and just GOUGE the US consumers and insurance industry. The industry motto is that, "as long as you keep the goose laying the golden eggs in the US, you can afford to sell cheap overseas by oversharing in the US. And that IS how it works.

It's just that the person saying, "How were you over charged?" either has no clue as to how this rip-off works, or he works for Big Pharma and is disparaging a consumer who KNOWS she's being ripped-off by Big Pharma.

Bristol-Myers is the worst offender. And you don't even get it.

View more comments (2)
map-marker Boulder, Colorado

E-signature process is ridiculous

I can't get a hold of anybody at Bristol Myers or doc you sign. If you go with these guys, they'll hook you up with an e-signature from doc you sign for $10 a month which they don't tell you when you first sign up for it. I seem to have an account but I don't know when I actually don't know

Me having another account with pissed Consumer it's not helpful

User's recommendation: I would go slow and use a local farmers insurance in your town. Corporate is ridiculous I'm pretty ready to end my policy so I will let you know I'll follow up I don't need that

Brands Related to Bristol Myers Squibb

THALOMID REMS

SPRYCEL reviews and complaints

SPRYCEL

0 Reviews

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article