Verified Reviewer

Poor service

Approximately one year ago I upgraded my phone from a Google pixel 2XL to a Samsung note 10 plus model sm-n975w. At the same time my wife upgraded her phone to a Samsung s10 plus. The note 10 plus got added to the account, followed by my wife's s10 plus which was supposed to replace my old phone(the pixel 2 xl), but instead the brighstar rep replaced my new phone( the note 10 plus). So for over a year I was paying protection on the wrong device at fault of brightstar, not Roger or myself. As the Roger's rep caught the mistake and to his and my understanding we thought it got fixed. But clearly it did not. As approximately 1 month ago I cracked the front glass on my note 10. And when I went to file a request they said I did not have a note 10 on file. Only a note 10 plus and pixel 2 xl. I then got transfered to a supervisor, whom I gave the imei number off of the note 10 plus I should have had coverage on all along and made a claim. 4 days late I finally received my replacement device only to find that I had been shipped an s10 plus.. at this point I was fed up and just bought out of my contract and got a new phone. At this point it wasn't worth the hassle anymore as I felt there was no way that brighstar would make things right. I had lost all faith in what I understood to be a decent company who has helped me out in the past.

User's recommendation: Either make sure you have protection on the correct device or choose another provider.

ID
#2520475 Review #2520475 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss
$2000
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Don’t get hooked by Brightstar

I signed up with Brightstar when we bought a phone through Target. I wanted to cancel after two years and they said I couldn’t because my husband was the only one who could. He wasn’t even with me when I bought the phone. They were very rude but I got two emails saying they had canceled the service. The next month they charged my account again. When I called they said I lied about the emails and that I couldn’t cancel the account. Don’t ever give a this company your bank account number.
ID
#1199648 Review #1199648 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service
Brightstar Customer Care
Reason of review
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article