Shame on Brewster Subaru

We purchased a car from Anthony Pilla. Within 48 hours of picking up the car we noticed a crack and some damage to door and fender. It was only noticed while washing the car and moving hand over the dent. Otherwise, almost impossible to notice just by looking. I immediately called and left message for Mr. Pilla (Sunday at 6:00 pm). He did call me back Monday at 11:00 am and my husband took the car in. We were immediately told it was not their fault and they cannot help us. Over the course of some e-mails and calls the General Manager (Nelson Demelo) referred us to Lisi's Auto Body Shop who I visited the following day. I was greeted with "there are thousands of dollars worth of damage and you should be lucky Brewster Subaru has graciously offered to pay 1/2 of damage". This tells me Brewster Subaru has admitted to 50% fault. Lisi's Auto came in at $1,000 over my own body shop and it was in the labor hourly rate which was higher than dealerships and insurance. I called Mr. Demelo and shared my much lower quote and was told he WILL NOT pay 1/2 to a reputable company who was quoting $1,000 lower price. He would only pay if I did business with his rip off friend. This again tells me there was a hidden agenda. After further discussions Lisi's came down $1,000 and Brewster Subaru would pay half. Again, this told me Lisi's was originally over priced and had a hidden deal with Brewster Subaru. I have decided to pay $3,000 to have my car fixed which I owned for almost 48 hours before I had decided to wash and find such damage. I want both Brewster Subaru and Lisi's investigated for hidden deals. And I would respectfully request someone contact me regarding a financial arrangement of my auto body shop. Thank you, Debbie DiCairano (914) 497-****
ID
Brewster, New York
Product
2018 Subaru Of America Wrx Car
Cons
  • Right now out 3000 on a brand new car and extremely unhappy
Reason of review
Damaged or defective
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article