BRANSON CAR MUSEUM OR USED CAR LOT

I purchased a 1985 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible from the Branson Car and Farm Museum. The car odometer read 7200 miles. The salesman on two different e mails assured me that the car looked and drove like new! When the car transport arrived at PM drove the car one block to me. He handed me the key and stated "The car needs a major tune up, is leaking something and is overheating." My thought was to walkaway, however he had nothing to do with the car. I get in to drive it to my home about a mile from the gate, looking at the dashboard the large Service Engine Soon light is on. Who delivers a car in this condition? Even used car lots prep a car for delivery. The next morning I went to examine the car. Again I was assured the car was inspected and prepared for delivery. I open the door and sat in the driver's seat and looked at the dashboard, the vents were covered in dust! The floor mats were thrown in as if it was a washed up towel on the floor. The driver side mirror had a wooden shunt holding the mirror in place. Both tail lights had cracks in them. I was told a few bumper fillers needed replacement. The fillers only come primed and need to be painted making this simple repair quite expensive. The passenger door had several poorly attempts at covering a few chips. I decide to bring the car to a major chain rather than the local mechanic so it would be an unbiased mechanic. The repairs I have had to make so far: Complete tune up, idler arms, new rear air shocks,new power steering pump,new computer,new tires (2 were splitting ).The car lacks acceleration and the mechanic after two weeks and countless hours has waved the white flag. I am nearing $4000 in repairs to this like new and drives like new car. I believe a car from a Museum should be a high quality car not a junk used car lot. The Museums Director in their press pamphlet states" “We usually have around 300 museum quality pieces,” Does my car sound like a Museum Quality Car? So I am seeking restitution and I do not receive any acknowledgement from anyone at The Branson Car and Farm Museum .
ID
Product
1985 Cadillac Eldorado Car
Pros
  • Photos
Cons
  • Misleading and fraudulent description of the car i received
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised
Loss
Preferred solution
Price reduction

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article