President of Photography Company personally attacked Paying customer in email

For my daughter's soccer shoot I requested a digital image from a company called Brandywine Digital out of Westtown PA. Digital Images cost $15 which is what I paid. The President of the company, Leo Volz sent me one but it was not the one I would have chosen. When I inquired why, as a paying customer, I was unable to choose which of the 3 I wanted this is the email I got from him: There is no misunderstanding here. You are trying to “squeaky wheel” your way into getting more than you’re willing to pay for. I stand by what I said, and I’ll say it again now so simply that even you understand it. You intentionally created this confusion by trying to manipulate my staff. Your smarmy compliments, shameless name dropping, and whiny neediness are disgusting. Putting the staff on the spot in front of other customers, while they’re trying to help dozens of other people, is low. You received an explanation; you refused to accept it. That is not a misunderstanding. That is wanton ignorance. The public should know how he treats his clients. The above email was unwarranted, unprovoked and a personal attack on me. There was no manipulation on my part and the staff was not busy when I was placing my order at the soccer complex. In fact, it was just me speaking to his staff (not him) for a good 5 minutes. If you order a digital image you should be able to select one that you choose, not that Leo chooses. That is all. This man should be held responsible for treating his customers in such a manner.

The quality of the product the company puts out has never been in question. My post was written before Suzanne refunded me my $15 which certainly was not necessary but was appreciated.

This has never been about the money. The issue remains Mr.

Volz' personal attack.

Please allow ME to elucidate...I am the customer service rep that the above complaint lodger dealt with both on the photo site and in numerous emails after he received his purchased digital download. Allow me to clarify a few things for readers of Mr. Allen's severely edited email exchange.

Mr. Allen came to me at my customer service table on photo day, a day where where we deal with over 1000 players and their parents, and said that he wanted digital downloads but they weren't offered on the order form. I told him that photos are uploaded to our website after all prints and packages are delivered and that he could purchase downloads of his child for $15 per image at that time, but that we don't sell them on site. He said that Mr. Volz already approved selling him a download. I took Mr. Allen at his word and I charged him $15 and told him the digital download of his child would be emailed to him AFTER photos were delivered to his team. He then said he was a coach and he heard he gets things for that. I told him that as a courtesy to coaches, we offer them a FREE team photo and a FREE photo of the coach with their child. Unbeknownst to me, Mr. Allen was already well-aware of how our digital download sales work. Last year Mr. Volz very clearly explained to Mr. Allen how our digital download sales work after Mr. Allen asked for FREE download versions of prints he had purchased.

Mr. Allen is rather impatient and emailed during the processing period wanting to know why he had couldn't get the download before photo delivery. We told him we have a workflow that we need to stick to and he will get them soon. We delivered his two FREE photos with the rest of the team's packages, and emailed him his daughter's photo. Mr. Allen wrote complimenting our photos, but saying in addition to his child's digital image, he wanted us to give him digital images of BOTH the team photo and his coach/child photo. Without paying anything more than the original $15 he paid. I personally wrote him back and reminded him in great detail of what I told him on photo day, and he admitted he had made a mistake. He wanted to mail back his FREE prints and get downloads instead. Mr. Volz told him very clearly that downloads are NOT what we provide free of charge to coaches, that we give them prints basically out sheer kindness. But Mr. Allen will not take "no" for an answer, and decided he had should be able to basically restructure how we do business and that he should get to pick what image he gets a download of if he likes one more than another, etc. This is all to avoid paying a mere $15 for a digital version of a print we gave him FOR FREE.

Mr. Volz bluntly told him in no uncertain terms that he received exactly what he paid for, he received two photos absolutely free of charge, and that he was out of line for the way he was behaving. Mr. Volz then told me to email Mr. Allen saying that we would be returning his original payment of $15. He could just keep the download, his TWO FREE PHOTOS. Mr. Allen took the pleasant tone of my email and my refund offer a some sort of sign I was not of like mind with Mr. Volz, and he emailed me privately several times asking me how we could band together to create trouble for my boss, and he if I could surreptitiously email him digital files of his two free coach photos without my boss knowing.

Mr. Allen complimented our work and company profusely, then attempts to tarnish our reputation when don't cave into his demands for special treatment. Mr. Allen's post asserts that he received poor customer service and suffered a "Monetary loss of $15". In fact, Mr. Allen has received a full refund of his original $15 payment and has also been the recipient of $30 worth of FREE PRODUCTS. If anyone cares to see the full, unedited transcripts of two years' worth of Mr. Allen's emails requesting special treatment, free products and complimenting our company and our products, we would be happy to oblige.

Sincerely,

Suzanne Stanley

Brandywine Digital

Nothing that warranted such an attack. I told him the pictures his company took were outstanding after he sent me initial image (which I meant).

After he responded with a long winded, nasty lecture I told him I had been dealing with a rival company for years (no names were dropped, just the company name) and they had never treated me the way he was.

Yes. However - it seems something has been left out.

He mentioned name dropping and smarmy compliments. What was he talking about?

That is my whole point. His attack was unwarranted and unprovoked.

I meant I see nothing wrong with the email you sent.

Mike, you wouldn't have an issue if you received an email of that nature as a paying customer?

Well, if that was the only email you sent and the one to which he referred, I didn't see anything untoward there.

Sure thing Mike, here you go:

Leo, your email seems a bit harsh and presumptuous considering this is all a misunderstanding. I can appreciate that I paid $15 and therefore am only entitled to one digital image.

That being said, 3 pictures were taken. Wouldn't it then stand to reason that the paying customer should be able to pick the image of his/her choosing? For the record, my favorite of the 3 is the one of me and my daughter and that is all I was looking to get a digital image of. I apologize if you think I was or have put any undue pressure on any of your employees.

$15 for 1 digital image is more than fair.

I don't recall ever being asked which picture I wanted.

Please post YOUR email to him and let's see what it says.

View more comments (10)
ID
Westtown, Pennsylvania
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article