Cheated by Brandenburg Water

On 2-05-18 I contacted Brandenburg Water about having a lake pump installed at my property. 11 days later the guy finally called back, when he came out to quote me, a guy appeared about 70 years old wearing an old hat, and he had a definite odor of alcohol about him. As he backed out my driveway the spot where his truck was parked revealed a huge black oil spot. He quoted me a pump installation, but only 3 weeks after the install it failed. I called Mr. Yowell back and asked him to please check out the pump, 29 days later he showed and declared right off the cuff it was my well tank switch that arced out and caused the damage to his new pump, that his warrantee did not cover that. That made me real suspicious, so I called in a master electrician who diagnosed it and said the pressure switch was fine, I also took the pump unit to a very established and reputable shop, who took one look and said the motor was Chinese, and to beware of anyone installing these pumps with Chinese made motors. Yowell said it will cost another $3,124 to install a new pump, I balked and chose to find a more reputable lake pump company, my realtor suggested a more established, reputable company, I had them fix the problem decisively.

Robert neighbors with austin lake pumps has nothing else to do but to file fake reports people only use him once.

Good Lord you have too much time on your hands to create these false stories. Find some work buddy. Unless of course you've ruined your reputation in this town by ripping off people.

View more comments (1)
ID
Service
Brandenburg Water Pump Installation
Cons
  • Attitude and cheated me
Reason of review
Warranty issue
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

They installed a poor quality new pump, it failed 3 weeks later, they refused to come fix it

About two months ago on 1-18-18 I hired Brandenburg Water at www.brandenburgwater.com to install a lake pump for me on my property on Lake Austin, they quoted me a really attractive price, lower than the other company and I thought I could save some money. The sales guy who came out looked “clean cut”, but then the crew who came out to install was real knarly looking, covered in bandanas, tattoos, and pierced rings, etc, and actually looked pretty scary - - my wife kept the children inside the whole time. I found out only after they left that the Goulds pump they installed had a Chinese motor, well, the pump lasted 3 weeks and then failed. So I called them to come back out and fix it, but they continually rescheduled me over and over (never even showed). The last converstaion I had with them I told them if they didn't come back and get it right I was going to have to report them - - his response: “We'll just deny it, we never heard of you”. Well today I am out thousands of $$$ with no pump. Really angry, I started to dig deeper on this company: If you take a look at the Brandenburg Water website it states the company is owned by Steve and Travis Yowell, same guys who did the install. From Google images/mapping it is easy to see Brandenburg Water does not even have an office, this outfit is working out of a tiny residential house in Round Rock. Buyer's remorse, wish I had looked this up before I cut a deal with them. Then a friend tipped me off to the Texas government licensing search site where I discovered there is no record of anyone with the last name “Yowell” at the Texas government licensing site, so neither this fellow and his son are Master Plumber(s) as their website claims, and they are NOT licensed to perform any water treatment under Texas law. Here are the links: https://vo.licensing.hpc.texas.gov/datamart/selSearchType.do https://www.tceq.texas.gov/licensing/licenses/wtslic https://www.tceq.texas.gov/assets/public/licensing/documents/GuidelinesforWTS_DrillersInstallers.pdf OMG, big red flag ! After contacting the State of Texas I was told only currently licensed Master Plumbers are exempt - - - all others not licensed are simply involved in criminal enterprise, violating the law, and should be reported for such behavior. So I got hoodwinked. All told - - Buyer beware: If it sounds too good to be true - - it probably is - - - You always get what you pay for . . . . . thought I could save some, but now will be spending double to get another company to do the job.

Nice try Robert neibors with austin lake pumps putting down other company's to try and make yourself look better. That's not good business.

Liar. Only 3 people work for brandenburg and none like you have described.

This is obviously another austin lake pump company that's not doing very well. There are only 3 employees at Brandenburg water.

I've never seen any tattoos or bandanas on any of them. These guys have been my lake pump as well as my purification guys for over 10 yrs now.

Almost everyone on our street uses Brandenburg and has nothing but great things to say about them. It's a shame that anyone can get online and try to degrade good people.

View more comments (2)
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article