B.R. McGinty sent HVAC man when a plumber was requested.

On Aug. 29, 2011 I called and spoke with Patty of B.R. McGinty and told her I would need a plumber to come clear a clog in a drain at my house. I explained to her that the clog was where my ac condensate drain drained into a 4" pipe in my foundation. She said I may need a roto-rooter service to unclog it but she would send a plumber to my house if I wanted her too. I said that I did want a plumber and to please send him on Friday Sept. 2, 2011. She said she would. On friday a heat and air man arrived from B.R. McGinty. After explaining to him I requested a plumber he said that there was a miscommunication with the office he came from. He said there was nothing he could do, that there was clearly a mix up at the office and said he didn't feel right charging me but that was up to the office. The office charged me $86. After calling and talking with both Patty and Matt McGinty they told me that even if they had sent a plumber like I requested that he wouldn't have been able to help me either. After they were both very rude and threatened to put a lien against my house if I stopped the check from processing we hung up. B.R. Mcginty did not send the plumber to my house as requested and therefore broke our verbal agreement to contract. I have also placed a review on the BBB website and gotten a response from Matt Mcginty, in which he claims that I am a liar. It is a terrible injustice to any consumer for a supposedly reputable company such as B.R. McGinty to not only falsely accuse one of their customers of lying, but in return, propagate an extraordinary lie of their own. The details of the conversations, which I detailed in my original complaint, had with both of the people working at and/or owning B.R. McGinty are entirely true. I asked for a plumber and they sent me an HVAC guy. This is akin to someone requesting a roofer to roof their house and being sent an electrician.

It is the actual 4" pipe that was clogged. Not the 3/4" condensate drain. I had it rotorooted out.

What you have here is a clogged drain from the a/c unit. Take a simple rug vacuum, hold it tight (the nozzle) against the end of the (small plastic )pipe and suck the *** out of the pipe that has built up in it over the years. At WORST replace the pipe coming out of the a/c that goes to the 4 in drain.

View more comments (1)
ID
#261955 Review #261955 is a subjective opinion of poster.
El Dorado, Arkansas
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article