Contractor took my money and did not compleat the work

Update by user Oct 08, 2013

b and r are currently under investigation for fraud.

i have not recived my money back it will be a long fight

please to not make the mistake i did by doing buissnes with them.

Original review posted by user Sep 05, 2013
Contractors Ruth and Bob Wallace d/b/a B&R Enterprises, were hired to do roof and various home construction repairs to my residence located at 1689 West Colvin Street, Syracuse, NY 13207. They had agreed to pay me back for materials which I paid (up front to the Contractors) upon receipt of my grant funds from Empire Housing and Development. However, to date I have only received $2K by check given to me in May of this year. The balance for my roof and other work was not paid back to me as promised, and the work was not finished though these contractors received several checks from Empire Housing and Development beginning in January and through July of this year, in the amount of $13k for materials to begin the work on my roof, and a total of $20,199 for the roof. (Please see the attached copies and receipts). The roof was finalized and inspected, and final payment which included all roofing materials, was given to the contractors. (See totals listed). Checks were also cut in increments of thousands for the roof work throughout the process. The Contractors refused to pay me for my materials as per our agreement and they have not returned to finish the rest of the work as required by the Contract. It is my understanding that the dates the checks were cut to the Contractors, B&R Enterprises for my roof are as follows: 1. Jan 11 $3, 632. 2. Jan 25 $1,350. 3. May 14 $5,000. 4. May 15 $3,743. 5. June 5 $3,632. 6. July 11 $2,880. Thank you for your time and assistance in the matter. Sincerely,

Funny how he said work was COMPLETED AND INSPECTED AND PAID. He was and is being paid back a small amount per our agreement we made with him, that he mentions, as were working for free in beginning because Empire cut his money off as he didn't even have A VALID DEED to his house which i spent HOURS & hours working on and fixing for FREE because HIS OWN ATTORNEY WOULDN'T EVEN RETURN HIS CALLS. His attorney called me and explained why he wouldn't talk to Matt which I cannot explain as personal attacks are not allowed here.

ALL work was completed or Empire wouldn't have paid, again see INSPECTED , PASSED and PAID in Matts own words.

He is mad because he wanted to trade/blackmail us to do balance we owed for building an illegal apartment on his 3rd fl. without getting a permit which we refused to do because again ITS ILLEGAL. You need real fire exit and special permits to build on 3rd fl. and we refused to do work because he refuses to get a permit and spend the money to do it properly.

He was renting out room in his apt and he told me he was moving out because he paid rent and there was no heat, has tenants in 1st fl. of his building and at the time i was there carried NO HOMEOWNERS insurance. He has no heat, or sink hot water, kitchen or bath, only a funky shower nozzle that made hot water as u turn it on and only heat in huge apt was a fireplace, he used tenants on 1st fl to heat his apt, who told us they were and did move out because their heat bill was over 800 a month.

I personally installed marble tiles and did drywall and paint in his kitchen with a winter coat on and had to beg him to light a fire in fireplace so the tiles on floor and drywall on wall would dry and not freeze.

As far as receipts he is using some that were returns and bought more stuff and is trying to double bill for them. I have the whole accurate bill directly from Home Depot, that cannot be altered with complete history of what was kept and used and what was returned and he is trying to bill original amount that isn't valid as many returns were made, plus trying to bill us for gutter material returned at Home Depot that we purchased at Erie materials.

There was more work supposed to be done, furnace for 2nd fl in attic and insulation and drywall but he didn't want it done because he didn't want furnace for 2nd fl apt in 3rd fl attic because hes trying to build an apt there. and I have email from Empire saying he didn't want that part of work done that our part of work was completed.

Any and ALL of our clients are thrilled with our work and ALLOW us to give out their names and numbers for references and have almost ALL had family, friends or neighbors use us and have done secondary jobs for multiple Empire clients, that they paid for on their own.

Again Matt is unhappy because we wouldn't be blackmailed into building the 3rd fl. apt and again in his own words at top he says INSPECTED AND PASSED, HOW COULD IT PASS IF IT WAS INCOMPLETE ??

ID
Clayton, New York
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article