Attempted deception by owner

Botanix Coutier, 11 Ch Alonzo, Chelsea, J0X 1N0 - DO NOT TRUST THIS BUSINESS OR THE OWNER - After selecting flagstone from Botanix Cloutier in Chelsea, having it measured by staff and then paying for it, I informed them that I needed to head home to pick up my trailer. On my return to collect the stone 20 minutes later, the owner was waiting for me and demanded to see the receipt, even though his wife was the one that served me. He then proceeded to ask for an additional $120, even though 2 staff members had measured the stones and I had already paid for them at the correct price. When I stood up and confronted him about why he was demanding the additional money he stated that 2 of the 40 flagstones were bigger than the others so all of them would therefore be calculated at the larger size! As the flagstone was sold by square footage, I told him to measure the square footage of all the stones that had been selected, as 2 of his employees had previously. He refused and just walked away, realizing that he had been caught attempting to deceive me. He left me feeling like a criminal even though he was the dishonest one. I then demanded a refund as I was so insulted by his actions. The staff also appeared embarrassed by the behavior of the owner. If you do feel the need to deal with this company, especially if the owner does the calculations, please ask to witness the measurements yourselves as, having spoken to several other customers of Coutier, it appears that this a regular occurrence.
ID
#520364 Review #520364 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Kanata, Ontario

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article