Damaged good and poor customer service

In August 2012, I hired Bos to move only my piano. This piano was a gift from my husband for our wedding. Their website claimed to be piano movers. Well during the moving process, my piano was dropped causing significant damage to the front. At the time, I spoke with the owner Mark Bos who said he would handle the damage repair. I was very upset my piano was damaged, but at first was understanding that people are only human and mistakes happen. However, the entire process of getting my piano fixed was ridiculous. After 3 months of trying to get the piano to the repair location, I finally had to threaten to call a lawyer before anything was scheduled. I had called multiple times (sometimes a few times a week) and Mark was usually "not available" according to his receptionist. He would not respond to my emails, saying he never received them. I was told everything from "he is at a funeral" to "he is getting a root canal" by his secretary Nettie. Mark Bos also kept wanting his "cabinet" guy to just come to my house and touch up the damage. I refused multiple times, as I didn't want it touched up - I wanted it to look like new (which it did prior to being dropped). Martin Refinishing in Walled Lake fixed my piano, and did a fantastic job. I had to hassle with Mark Bos even to pay Martin before my piano could be released to come home. I ended hiring a different piano mover, who I was referred to be my piano tuner Craig Cole of Ace Piano. This was completely different experience, and they took great care with my piano on the move back. I paid for this out of pocket, because I did not trust Bos to touch my fixed piano. My piano came back home in mid December (4 months after being dropped!) I also needed to be reimbursed for the piano damage assessment, which I had to pay out of pocket at the time. I contacted Bos multiple times a week for the next 2 months via email and phone. I tried to set up a meeting with him, but was told that was not possible by his secretary. I had to wait for him to call me back, which did not happen. I continued to call and simply was requesting reimbursement for cost to assess the damage of the piano! Cost I had paid up front, in August, and was told it would be reimbursed. Finally after continuing to contact them I spoke with a different person who spoke with Mark's wife Lori. At one point I could hear Lori in the background telling the secretary to "tell her I will send her check next week" Next week came and went, and I called again. They requested I email the receipt again (fifth time!!!!) Finally last week (late February) my check finally came. I am so glad to be finished with Bos, and will never use them or recommend them to anyone. I am completely understanding that mistakes happen at times, but the customer service in this situation was RIDICULOUS! If I had not continued to call and pursue the repair of my piano, it would not have happened. This was the worst customer service I have ever received, and Mark Bos should be ashamed. I was also told by the other people that were involved in the piano repair that damage happens to piano moved by Bos all the time. I wish I would have done more research prior to hiring them.
ID
Waterford Township, Michigan

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article