map-marker Roswell, New Mexico

Lost books/unacceptable service!

Updated by user Jul 13, 2024

They really don't care about the consumer.. I did get my money back the same day the book finally came.

I sent it back and willuse Amaon next time. This company is not equipped to handle orders!

Original review Jul 09, 2024

I purchased these book on the 25th of June 2024 and they have never arrived. I want my money back on my debit card ASAP!

Barry Zuckerman

User's recommendation: Stay away!

Angell Sjc

| map-marker Bridgeport, Ohio

My wife ordered a book on February 19th and was told it would be delivered on March 2nd. She never received the book.

I, her husband of almost 50 years, got involved when she said that the book had not arrived! Therefore, I got involved and tried to find a phone number for the company, Bookshop.com, on their website.

It was not listed.

The reason that I got involved was that we have had a series of health issues. Me, a Marine Corps disabled veteran dealing with cancer and my wife with trauma and heart issues stemming from that.

Feeling that the organization was a scam, which I found out that my adult children use them all the time without issue, I was frustrated with no phone number listed. I turned to Pissed Consumer, for help and they provide the phone number which I am thankful for.

Bookshop contacted me on March 14th, the day after I called and offered a refund, which my wife wanted and she accepted the refund with apologies from the company. They said that it must have gotten lost in the transfer from UPS to the USPS.

I have NEVER heard of such a thing. Why didnt they have UPS, an extremely reputable company, deliver the book, instead of passing it off to the USPS, another reputable company? I have never heard of such a thing. Im not stupid, Im an Engineer and ran a small family business for over 30, now closed, and Ive never heard of any delivery being made that way!

Use one or the other, but, never both! I tend to think more practical, professional, and in more straight lines!

Why add a chance for a product to get lost in the system! The organizations they say they used are both very reliable, not perfect, and were capable of preforming the task at hand!

My recommendation to them was, to provide a phone number on the website, as, senior citizens would rather speak to someone, rather than use the internet!

User's recommendation: Always question delivery dates and, if they are missed, and no explanation has been sent to you from the company, contact them immediately!

map-marker Madison, Mississippi

I sent a gift certificate to an inactive email. Can’t figure out how to get it to the correct email.

Want help with getting a gift certificate to the correct email address. Sent to an inactive one by mistake.

The recipient has yet to get her $75 gift. Cant get a hold of anyone to help me!

Arista Lij

| map-marker Doylestown, Pennsylvania

Dispute credit card charge

More hoops to jump through than circus dog act when a human could answer the frigging phone.

I found a charge on my Visa bill from book shop and I never bought anything from them.

I preordered Dr Gregers book and unless he contracted with them I am clueless why they billed me. But since I cant TALK to anyone, who knows?

User's recommendation: Go elsewhere.

Jeannine C Lcq

| map-marker Manchester, New Hampshire

I bought a book on Amazon full price but get a used book

This company is listed as the seller on my order page on Amazon. However, the listing shows Amazon as seller.

Therefore, I bought a new book from Amazon for 24.99, at least I thought I did. I realized this only because the person who boxed the book included a sales receipt from goodwill for this book and paid 1.99!!!

It's used and worn. WHAT!!!

Robert C Tsd

Book not delivered

i ordered this troubled ground by les carroll and i never recieved it can you tell me why.I ordered it a month ago.

Preferred solution: Apology

Stephanie H Cxd

| map-marker Flanders, Connecticut

Want to cancel a backorder book ASAP

I ordered a book, Nineteen Letters by Jodi Perry ordered on3/14/2023. Bookshop.org said I could cancel the back order, as they dont know when it will arrive.

Order # R54422****. I am very upset because I dont want this book charged to my Credit Card. I get text messages that are giving me the run around. A person named Will H, a fulfillment coordinator said he will cancel the back order and process a refund to me by a text.

So I tried to send a text back to have him do this, but it wouldnt go through!! I am so frustrated right now!

Someone needs to give an answer. Either by text or call that that will cancel order or I will call B BB.!

User's recommendation: Do not order from this company, Bookshop.org because you can’t get a response or help!!!!

Abriella Gtb

| map-marker Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Delayed order

I have not received my order.

What happened to it?

I have not received any info as to

When I can expect to receive my

Book order.

E-commerce Talks

Art for Your Home Not Museums

Mar 7, 2022

David Afremov
David Afremov

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article