Bookmooch.com is nothing but rude to users

I attempted to join bookmooch.com and logged onto my account to add books only to find my account closed. So I emailed and they responded saying I had an account in bad standing- which I dont. So I attempted to tell them I just moved here which they responded to by telling me I have the same IP address as the account in question. I dont know how IP addresses work so I just simply tried telling them again that I just moved here. They then responded with the treat to sue me for mail fraud to which I responded with a simple "thank god you didnt accept me for your website because I wouldnt want to be treated like this as a user of your services and you wont be hearing from me again". They then emailed me again, that email I ignored, when I didnt respond they emailed me yet again. I asked them not to harass me as I had dropped the subject and I commenced to blocking their email address so they couldnt continue to harass me. I even went as far as to email usps customer service to tell them of the experience (just in case they are doing this to other people - bookmooch cant go around using the post office as a threat to innocent people). If you want to be treated rudely, with no respect, and be bullied then go ahead and use bookmooch. But if you want to be treated with basic dignity like your a human being then Id suggest staying away.

I agree with you but if they keep bullying me I might just sic my brother on them who works for the ada office of my state . I want to be done with them as well.

Bookmooch sure is terrible. I use to recommend them all the time but when I closed my account (and it was closed in good standing) and later decided I wanted another one they harassed me.

I was told about the past account which I knew I had but was in good standing. I couldnt remember my log in information or what email address I had used for the old account so I couldnt search it in the system.

They linked me to an account that had been closed in bad standing and claimed it was mine when it wasnt. Im so very sorry that I ever recommended them to anyone because Im now worried my friends have been or will be mistreated by a website I gave a glowing recommendation.

View more comments (1)
ID
Bridgeport, West Virginia

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article