OnTheBeach

Verified Reviewer

They CHANGED my post

I'm been a lurker on bonesmart for a long time. It's a very negative environment. It seems like they purposely want people to be frightened of the process AND have a difficult recovery. But sometimes I look just to see if I can learn something new.

There are a few recent posts that prompted me to join.

The worst ones were from two "staff" members that are BLANTANTLY discriminatory towards disabled individuals and condescending towards many who are recovery from surgery.

- The first post I wrote in opposition of this was deleted. Then I tried two more both were deleted.

- I changed the wording and this time parts of my post was REWRITTEN.They physically changed what I wrote. It's still connected to my user name but is NOT what I had written.

I have NEVER HEARD of a site doing that.

But even worse = my post was removed but the posts that are BLATANTLYSa discriminatory were still up at the time of this review.

ASTONISHING

And beyond that, one of these staff members response to me (paraphrased) "Don't accuse me of that. I don't know what you are talking about."

- SHOCKER you are a bigot and you don't recognize your bigotry. I've got some screenshots if you would like to see.

Cons:
  • Are liars and bigots

User's recommendation: Unless you want a laugh stay away.

Hosanna Dxq
reply icon Replying to comment of OnTheBeach

Josephine, was a nurse in the UK who has been retired from BoneSmart for a number of years.

Hosanna Dxq

BoneSmart is not located in the UK. It is a US based non-profit.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2317688

Bonesmart is located in San Diego County, CA, USA. They have staff in the UK.

Josephine, Nurse Emeritus is the one who first wrote the degrading information towards the disabled. JayCee referred it; she is also likely the one who changed my comment.

Guest

Your post makes zero sense. Perhaps you are talking about another site? Or, you are a loon?

Guest

Jave been on Bonesmart since my TKR on Jan 12, 2023. I have not seen anything like you are describing. You are aware they are located in the UK?

OnTheBeach
reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2317690

Bonesmart is not located in the UK, although they have UK staff members. Their corporate office is in San Diego County, California, USA The staff member Josephine who calls herself Nurse Director Emeritus is the one who wrote the original derogatory post. And staff member Jaycee is the one that supported it and changed my post.

View more comments (6)
Norman F Rjt

Verified Reviewer

Do not bother waste of time

I have had numerous surgeries on my L knee and have been to PT numerous times. Bone Smart in a sense believes the best way is to let nature take its course given time flexion and extension will go back to normal. I disagree in fact I questioned several surgeon nurses therapists and asked their opinion some had heard of it but none were impressed enough to suggest to patients based on studies. Was not trying to start anything but I mentioned that after PT I would be sore of course the moderators ( not doctors nurses or therapists just mostly women that are convinced they know it all ) said if I followed their way things would be better. I disagreed one moderator wrote " why are you even here? " I replied and also sent a copy of what was written to another senior moderator. End result I am blocked out of the forum all info still there no way to remove all because I disagree with their lazy way of PT.

Preferred solution: An apology and all my info removed

Candace G Pzl

Needed help with upcoming surgery so joined for forum

BoneSmart - Needed help with upcoming surgery so joined for forum
Updated by user Oct 29, 2019

I wanted to remove my info and close my acct but instead they just banned me from viewing site, posting and from removing my info

Original review Oct 29, 2019
Opened account to use their forum - they removed my first two posts "in the wrong place"??? (all I ever posted) and I never got a welcome to forum, etc. I asked how to close my account as I wanted my info removed. Instead they kept my info but banned me from reading the post and from posting.
Pros:
  • Never got to find out
Cons:
  • Asked to close acct - banned me from it but kept my info
Reason of review:
Access/ activation issues

Preferred solution: CANCEL my account AND remove my info

Agreed!

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article