Boca Java Reviews

Show reviews that mention
coffee gift bags customer order fee membership point problem service
Filter review

Verified Reviewer

Poor customer service

If you place an order they do not care in the least if it gets to you. For a company that is extolling the difference of fresh coffee you would think that they would demand and pay for guaranteed shipping. I placed an order on 27 NOV they got it to the post office on 2 DEC. On 11 DEC they still give the pre-formatted response " We are sorry to hear that you have not received your order. We certainly understand your frustration and we we have been informed by USPS that they are experiencing longer than usual lead times, even for this time of year. We hope that they will be able to deliver your coffee soon. Kind Regards, Boca Java Customer Relations Team"

User's recommendation: Avoid Boca Java.

ID
Cons
  • Customer service must be ai
  • Advertises fresh roast then sends slowest possible method
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Never again!

Update by user Jan 28, 2019

Boca Java has never responded to my complaint. Clearly, they do not care about customer service!

In spite of my complaints to them about their terrible customer service, they continue to send me emails trying to sell me more coffee. I caution anyone against doing business with a company with such shady practices.

Original review posted by user Dec 29, 2018
I ordered a three month subscription as a gift. Suddenly, 3 orders of coffee arrived within 4 days of each other. When I contacted Boca Java, they insisted that I placed 3 orders on 3 separate dates. So my $60 gift turned into a $180 gift. I'm as likely as anyone to make a mistake, but 3 separate orders on 3 separate dates DID NOT HAPPEN! They refused to acknowledge any responsibility and would not allow a return of the unopened coffee. All they would do was cancel the remainder of my order. So my gift recipients received 6 bags of coffee in 4 days time and will not be receiving coffee for the 3 months as planned. I guess it's their problem to figure out how to keep it fresh. I will never do business with this company again and would discourage anyone from considering doing business with them.
Denver, Colorado
Product
Boca Java Subscription
Cons
  • Terrible order processing and customer service
Reason of review
Order processing issue
Preferred solution
Full refund

Boca Java does not seem to care about the client/customer. They seem all about their profit.

Went to boca java as a gift that would keep giving for my father...ordered 9 varieties of coffee in 8oz bags and, by what i could make out by their website, would be delivered one at a time until the my 9 selections were sent. This is not what happened! They sent the whole lot at once. Then, the next week, they sent the same (9) 8oz bags to same address. I only found this out because my father said he was delivered another box of all the same coffees. As I result I contacted boca java and told them of the mishap. They said they could not take the excess coffee back, because it was roasted "specially" for the recipient. I said the website is misleading in this regard and I want my $ back for the second order, which I would send back unopened and in pristine order. Boca Java still refused. I got the BBB involved (Denver-based) and after email exchanges this way, they offered to refund half the second order in "good faith." Boca Java fails to realize that the good faith attribute can only rightfully assessed if they had reconciled before I went to the BBB. It is only because I went to the BBB that they made ANY deal with me. I was at this point almost beside myself with Boca Java's horrible customer service and digging their heels in against me, a no ill-intent client. The question is, wouldn't it have been more profitable to just make me happy, keep my business and thus give them more business through me because Boca Java was so compliant? I consider it bad business, and I WARN ALL CUSTOMERS that they will not work with you if there is a problem with your order and, if you do have a problem, you're going to have to go to the BBB to get any help. Why an upstart company is so callous and hard to work with, one can only guess at...
Boise, Idaho
Loss

Boca Java - never again

I cancelled my account on February 3rd and was charged a cancel fee and then I get the email notice that everyone else got stating they were closing. I am pissed that they charged me and then closed - rip off to the max. I will never endorse Boca Java or rejoin them. They had to obviously know they were closing way ahead of the date that I cancelled my membership. At that time they should have just thanked me for being a customer and tell me at that point. Not charge me for cancelling my account. That sucks big time

Just as I stated. I did not appreciate being charged because they stopped doing business.

I had tried to contact them to no avail. I'm just stating my disappointment - that's my deal....and frankly I've found other coffee to be much less expensive and much better tasting - Seattle's Best Levels 4 and 5 to name one again it's a personal preference.

Boca Java has been back for awhile now....I don't know what happened...but their gourmet coffees are simply fantastic and I have never had a problem with customer service in my 3 years as a customer....what is your deal?

View more comments (1)
ID
#220540 Review #220540 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Kanab, Utah

Boca Java is a scam

I recently took advantage of an offer to purchase coffee beans from Boca Java. The promo clearly stated that for $10.00 I could get 4 8 ounce bags of fresh coffee beans with an introductory free gift of a drip coffee maker. No minimum membership requirements were indicated in the promtional ad. After receiving the coffee (No coffee maker was included) I contacted Boca Java regarding the coffee brewer and have had no respose. After tasting the coffee I decided that I would cancel future deliveries since the coffee was nothing special. To cancel requires a $20 cancellation fee. Avoid Boca Java.

I have been a customer for several years and love the variety and service.

Great coffee...great service. Been a customer about a year.

Had one issue with an opened hot cocoa container during the holidays. I told them & a replacement was sent pronto - no questions asked.

Boca java coffee is the freshest best taking coffee I've ever drank...some people are just old grouches.

I got the 4 bags of coffee and a 1 cup coffee maker, enjoying my second cup of "ocean drive" grind right now...yum

I've been getting incredibly fresh coffees from Boca Java for years. Say what you may as they clearly had some changes in management in March, but I haven't been able to find a consistently better coffee, and Boca always roasts to order. cheers!

Ok, I have been thinking of joining Boca Java, now I read that it closed, it re-opened...can someone tell me if it DID close, was it only a reorganization, is it really back open? I mean, since I can access their website, I am assuming it is open...

but I just want to know more about what is going on so I can try the coffee for myself. Thanks!

Boca Java is NOT a Scam...I've never had a problem. But, if you are going to take a FREE offer, you should read the promotional offer. If you have to pick your order frequency (#of weeks between orders), you should know you are signing up for more than one order cycle...right?

Have You Heard: Boca Java is Back !!!!

..and man are their coffees are some the freshest, best tasting out there.

Loved Boca Java too bad its closing. If you liked them you'll love Coffee Beanery..

I went there and they have awesome coffee,way better.

Check them out. www.coffeebeanery.com

I have used them off and on for years. They have unique flavors and good coffee.

I wouldn't have even known they closed if i didn't not get one bag of coffee. I will be sad to see them go.

I loved Boca Java and sad that I will no longer receive their coffee. Loved the flavors that were available. I will have to cherish what boca java coffee that I have left.

View more comments (20)
Bensalem, Pennsylvania

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article