Auto Loan Scam

This is my experience with the above referenced Hyundai dealer: We found a car that we wanted to purchase and began working with the Director of Sales Operations on our loan. Once it was approved and the terms of the loan were to our satisfaction, we asked if we could take the loan docs to an attorney before signing them. We did. In the interim, a leak had been found on the car that we had decided to purchase, so we insisted that the leak be fixed and that the car be inspected afterward by a mechanic of our choosing. We were refused. We would have to sign the loan paperwork and take possession of the vehicle BEFORE repairs would be done to the car. We said we could not do this, unless we could be given written assurance that the car would be repaired after signing loan docs and then inspected to make sure that it was repaired properly. They SAID they could do this, but when it came down to it we couldn't seem to get the written agreement. Finally, when push came to shove, we received a TEXT MESSAGE (they couldn't even have the professionalism to call us) that we were not the kind of customer they wanted to do business with, we were too much of a liability, and that they hope we had good luck in finding a car. Can you imagine? They actually expected us to acquiesce to buying a car that was not in working order without requiring any accountability of them?!!! Amazing! We were floored by such un-professionalism! We called the Senior VP and General Manager and apprised him of the situation. He simply thanked us for our comments and opinions and wished us luck with our car shopping. If this is the kind of service that Hyundai stands behind, I am disappointed and astounded. I will make sure that EVERYONE I know hears about this experience and I will post bad reviews on every venue I can find regarding it. I will also take my 'comments and opinions' to the Better Business Bureau to add emphasis to how unacceptable this is.
ID
Dallas, Texas

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article