Bob Smith Toyota - Car Review from Pasadena, California

Wow. JUST WOW. Talk about bait and switch! We made an appointment on line the night before for 2 specific cars that we were driving over an hour to come test drive. We even had 2 emails corresponding with Julia Pearl "internet sales manager" an hour prior to our arrival. The baby was loaded in the car. We had cash, and we're ready to buy either car. We get to the salesman, he immediately says, oh, out internet pricing was a misprint on BOTH cars you came to test drive! MIND BLOWN! The manager says, it was the price the dealership paid for the cars. That explains the 5,000 and 7,000 dollar mark up! Leaving super upset and feeling very tricked! PS... It was the last day of the month. Nice way to meet your sales goal by tricking the public Bobs Toyota! Dishonest. Insulting. Disingenuous.
Pasadena, California
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Disappointing Experience

Here's a review I wrote on Yelp and several other site, but Yelp has removed it. Apparently, you can buy your way out of Yelp's real reviews if you're a client(merchant). Original date was Dec 24, 2012: "Disappointing experience. The dealership invited me to share a review, so here goes--I'm going to be frank. No problem with salesman but support staff is incompetent. Wrong odometer reading on trade-in (more paperwork after the fact); Was asked to sign a brand new contract about one month after purchase, they said, due to computer problem at their end; Overcharged for registration at time of purchase; Took forever to get refund, not to mention the phone calls; Floor mgr said he would return my call but hasn't; And, they actually divulged the previous owner's [of my new used vehicle] name, address, & phone number to me. How's that for privacy? Not sure of the integrity of their so-called "certified" vehicles because my brakes were at about half but it passed their inspection. I hope I don't have any other surprises, things barely squeaking through so they can sell. They're all very nice though, to your face, and I was genuinely taken in, but as soon as the ink has dried on the contract you begin to see the problems. And naturally, they pushed to sell me after-market products and services at greatly inflated prices. Buyer beware! Sloppy work!" Addendum: After posting this to one site, the general mgr responded divulging personal information of mine on that web site. They are so inconsiderate, ***, and sloppy that I'm shocked, but shouldn't be. All I can say is, "good luck" if you buy from Bob Smith Toyota!

50% brake pad life is the certification policy of toyota. however do u even know what measurement would equal 50% on your vehicle?

d u have any idea how thick a new pad is? or when its recommended to replace pads?as far as sloppy work on aftermarket parts. ur at a dealership. why would u buy aftermarket from a dealership?

thats your stupidity. you willingly overpaid for aftermarket items u could have gotten down the road at a later date cuz it took less effort.

@PissedConsumer658720

I brought my "new" (2-yr old) vehicle to a mechanic who safety checks for dealerships in my area, who I have gone to for two decades, so I know & trust his work. I don't have to know all the details of brake pad thickness, nor do I have to be a mechanic. *That's what I pay other people to do!*

And with regard to aftermarket items that you mention in your reply to my original post, -read the post again. I did not make those purchases; they were offered at high prices but I didn't ***, so don't call me *** or lazy. I'd say brush up on your reading skills, thank you very much.

View more comments (1)

Bob Smith Toyota are CHEATERS AND LIARS

A TOTAL RIPOFF OUTFIT. THEY HAVE THEIR EMPLOYEES WRITE GOOD REVIEWS. They lie, cheat, and ripoff their customers. They cannot fix the problem with your car, but they charge you for it. They give the honest car dealers and repair shops a bad rap. They should be run out of business for their corrupt practices. Avoid them at all cost. Don't buy from them. Don't service your car there. Stay away from them. They will cheat you and rip you off. They will lie, cheat, steal, and *** over for a fast buck. They have no honor or pride.

I have to concur with you. I was trying to give this dealership the benefit of a doubt. However, I can NO longer trust them. Especially in the servicing dept. I know we get a print out of the "tune up" of what they have done to our car. But if you go back and tell them it wasn't done properly, they will tell you that they have on their PRINT OUT they had given you. Being a woman, they will scam you even worse. I thought my car oil was correctly changed. I always double check the oil stick to make sure they poured brand new oil. I thought it was odd that the level of oil was not at the right line of the stick. I went back to tell them, but "they" said I need to warm up my engine more and after driving they oil level will be at the correct mark. WTF??? I was too embroiled and being a working mom, I had alot of things to get done. I had reminded my husband several times to please check the oil level bc it didn't seem right to me. Time passed bc we all are so busy. This oil change was done in Aug. 2013. It is now Dec. 2013 and my husband finally was able to check my oil and change it for me due to mileage. He and his brother was in SHOCK to find out after draining the oil filter, it was less than one quart!!!!!! NOrmally, 4 quarts of brand new oil is to be replaced.

On top of this experience, they wanted to charge me $800 to get my radiator fixed due to a "leak". Once again, I had to get my husband to check and after one month, there was NO radiator leak. BUT, instead, they ripped me off with oil change and tried to kill my engine.

Lastly, tire rotation. NO ONE tightened the bolts of the front tires correctly. I was driving for how many months and noticed my steering wheels were shaking. Once again, my husband checked all the parts and found out the tires were never tightened correctly. Needless to say, I could have DIED or caused a very catastrophic accident and worst, having my 2 kids in the car.

wow someone is mad. did they not give you free stuff when u yelled?

its a dealership. and one with an outstanding reputation in the community a personal attack is not a valued opinion

View more comments (1)
ID
#219234 Review #219234 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Los Angeles, California

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article