A tale of a defective mystery tire

Thinking about buying a tire from Blue Ridge? Based on my experience, fugghit about it!!Short story-RV tire had a blowout, went to Blue Ridge. 2 new tires rung up-Hour later salesperson discovered tires were out of stock, offered another brand, also discovered to be out of stock.1 hour later offered 2 tires, different brands, but size we needed.Got those,1 hour later down the road. Next day, 1 tire low, a recurring motif from Salem Va to Fort Lauderdale Fl.Checked tire(inside tire on double axel)repeatedly, even at AAA, couldnt find anything wrong. Get to Lauderdale, go to tire store where they put tire in water to check for leaks. Tire has tiny pinhole, only visible from inside sidewall. Manager and installer say tire is defective, have to buy another new tire as sidewalls can't be patched in Fl.Call BR and explain situation. Am told to return tire to Salem for examination. Cut vacation short by a week, drive 365 miles out of way to Salem. Steve, customer disservice, sees tire and immediately states We dont sell Primewell. Refuses to look at receipt, getsangrier,yells.Manager Jim comes, I ask do you sell this tire, he replies I dont know. Duhh, you are the manager right, I ask.Tell him Fl. tire people say tire is defective.He calls in worker who say tire was running a little flat. I ask Jim to put tire in water so he can see for himself. He refuses, says tire has road damage(once again, inside tire with side in question facing outside tire, not much room for anything but dirt to get into) and since we didnt get a road damage warranty-never mentioned or offered at time of sale-we're not covered.Offers another tire, but not money back. I decline as we didn't need another tire and based on total tire experience I didnt trust Blue Ridge to do business with again. So how did a tire they dont even sell end up on my RV, and defective at that. So if you still want to buy a tire from Blue Ridge of Salem, I suggest you ponder that question first. I'm still trying to figure that out!!!
ID
#206736 Review #206736 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Charles Town, West Virginia
Loss

About

Summary

Blue Ridge Tires is a family owned and operated business which has been operated in the same location in Harrisonburg, Virginia since 1970. It has celebrated its 40th anniversary of service in the valley in February 2010. The company specializes in Tires, Custom Wheels, Wheel Alignment, Wheel Balancing, Steering Service, Suspension Service, Brake Service, Virginia State Inspection, Batteries, and Oil Changes. Blue Ridge Tires also services TPMS tire systems, a new and evolving air pressure monitoring system, which is required by the government on newer cars and trucks. It also performs such services as Transmission Fluid Exchanges, Coolant Fluid Changes, and Fuel Induction Cleaning, using BG Synthetic Products with the trans and fuel services.

Blue Ridge Tires reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article