Blue Heron Irrigation and Landscape - Bait & Switch Extraordinare

I contacted Blue Heron last week to have a free consultation to inspect my irrigation system & get an estimate for repairs. When the rep came out, he looked everything over & said that I needed a new controller & some replacements heads. He said that for everything, the job would take 2 hours and the cost would not exceed $500.00. I asked him what the cost would be if I replaced the controller myself to save money. He said that would reduce my maximum cost to $280.00. He stressed that this would be the very high-end cost; it could be much less. I told him to make sure that he prepared detailed notes as to what needed to be done & he assured me that this would be taken care of. The tech arrived (late) and had no idea what needed to be done. I had to leave for a meeting & he could not give me a price so I had to leave a blank check with my son. I was charged $476.55 for parts & labor & a $55.00 fuel surcharge. The GM was not willing to honor the original "not to exceed" price.

The customer who left the "bait and switch" comment is someone who agreed to some work, changed her mind and expected us to "undo" the work that had already been approved. We tried to reason with her but she was quite unreasonable

Her name is Emily Sherwood and she lives in Sarasota Florida. I will be happy to give any other contractors her address so that they don't fall into the same trap of trying to help this lady, only to have her stop payment on her check..

PS, the fuel charge was $5.50, not $55.00. When I asked her to correct her mistake, she refused.

ID
Avon Park, Florida

About

Summary

Blue Heron is your water management expert, offering installation, maintenance and repair of all major brands of irrigation systems, including Hunter, RainBird, ...

Blue Heron Irrigation And Landscape Services reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article