Carl F Xxt

Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker Cárdenas, Matanzas

COMPANY IS.A COMPLETE SCAM!!

Blue Diamond Resorts - COMPANY IS.A COMPLETE SCAM!!
Blue Diamond Resorts - COMPANY IS.A COMPLETE SCAM!! - Image 2
Blue Diamond Resorts - COMPANY IS.A COMPLETE SCAM!! - Image 3
Blue Diamond Resorts - COMPANY IS.A COMPLETE SCAM!! - Image 4
Blue Diamond Resorts - COMPANY IS.A COMPLETE SCAM!! - Image 5
Blue Diamond Resorts - COMPANY IS.A COMPLETE SCAM!! - Image 6

Stayed at Grand Memories, Varadero, Cuba. Just some of our nightmare: NO towels, hot water, eggs, TV, Door lock, shower mat, toilet seat.

Plus, roaches, hair in food, nightclub under room, hole in wall etc etc. Blue Diamond and Hola Sun offered us a free stay in Cuba if we paid for flight. We paid 1k, Covid hit. Tried to rebook after pandemic, they both stalled and we got runaround.

Filed small claim. Legal team filed counter and said it was passed the time statute. Charged me $3,300 in their legal fees!!! Unreal!

Buyer Beware! Blue Diamond, Sunwing, Hola Sun, Paterson Macdougal LLP are huge scammers!!!

Loss:
Cons:
  • Terrible resorts
  • Use legal team to sue you for big money etc
  • Slow to respond

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Do not use these companies, they will steal your money and then sue you!

Taylor S Agj

Complaint

DO NOT STAY with any blue diamond Hotel and resorts. I stayed at the Royalton Negril Jamaica.

I wish I could give this place 0 stars. Our stay was horrible and not up to par for the money we spent. Our room smelled like it was a flood, the lights kept flickering, and the fuse kept blowing in the room when I would use the iron. The tv did not work the whole time we were there.

The shower did not drain. That is also probably why it smelled like mildew. The staff is rude. Also, we had an incident that occurred when someone from the staff came into our room while we had a DO NOT DISTURB sign on our door.

And when we reported it to the front desk supervisor, she laughed and told us that did not happen. She is very rude and unprofessional. She said an investigation would have to be done, but we never heard anything back about the "investigation" We had to extend our stay by one night, and they told us all they could do was take 20 dollars off for our inconvenience. It gets better in the second room.

They put it in the AIR conditioner did not work. Can you imagine being in Jamaica in the month of May and the air conditioner does not work? AN absolute nightmare!! Also, the food is trash, and the staff is just horrible.

Nothing is luxury about this resort. Please save yourself time and money and do not stay here. With everything that happened in our rooms, the staff was horrible. I can honestly say I've never dealt with staff so nasty, rude, and flat-out disrespectful.

They never once tried to make it right. They claim since they took $20 off our room, that was making it right and but then the air doesn't work in the second room. Also, the food was trash, and the alcoholic drinks were water downa joke.

The hotel is dirty, the food and nasty, and the staff is rude. Please do not stay here.

Pros:
  • Both

Preferred solution: Refund

map-marker Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Given the run around

Unprofessional, liars and thieves. Save yourself the headache. Customer service or the marketing department have 0 skills

User's recommendation: Run

Betsy W Rqw

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker Plover, Wisconsin

Does the resort ever follow through with communication or just ask to sign a waiver?

As a travel agent I always tell my clients not to pay any attention to reviews online. I was a firm believer that when a person would post a poor review, they must naturally be a negative person.

How wrong I was…. I am a travel agent that made arrangements for 60 people for my nephew’s wedding. Overall: Beautiful resort with workers who are hard working. Management, communication, customer service, and the dinner reservation system need major help.

Instead of management helping the situation they asked us to sign a disclosure waiver. Resort The resort itself is beautiful. The rooms are very nice except for hot water in the showers. It is the largest resort I have stayed at.

Personally, it was too big for me. Everything was sooo spread out. Food - Drink I have been to DR many times and know what to expect. It was disappointing that the DC did not have a sit down breakfast but just a buffet, I am still trying to figure out what we paid for?

Security This is alarming……a 75 year old single great aunt was at the wedding. She could not stop talking about how beautiful everything was and we had rented a scooter so she truly was able to enjoy herself. Her last night things were stolen out of her room. She did not understand the safe so did not use it.

She had her purse with $200 in cash and an heirloom ring that was handed down. She was frantic. She filled out a report but that is a total joke. She has not had a reply or any communication after asking them to look at the report of who entered her room with the key swipe.

There were people in line waiting to fill out reports of stolen items in and out of the safe. Some guests were very vocal at customer service and asked for a manager…..but no success….I think the entire company is aware of the Do Not Allow Guest to Speak With Management. When we were waiting for our transfer for departure one guest made a huge scene asking for a supervisor…..if somehow they realized customer service is the number one priority in hospitality they could really make a change. But it is almost like you are a nuisance and do not even want to listen.

Staff The butler situation was unfortunate. There seems to be a protocol that a guest is unable to talk to any type of management. The workers were all trying to do their best. Although this is the only resort where I was approached so many times by staff with a business card and they write their name and ask you to write them on Tripadvisor.

One staff member actually even took my daughter’s phone and said she would do it for her since she was having issues. Another staff member instructed my daughter on what to write.….I found that sooo sad. There were two exceptional workers that we loved and need to be thanked. Roberto the waiter on the beach was the best!!

He took care of our group each day and was appreciated. Loved him! The other was Darilyn at the bar by Grazi. He went out of his way to connect and welcome us every single night.

He deserves a big thank you! Wedding I truly cannot give my opinion since I had nothing to do with the planning. The ceremony was beautiful. As a guest it was disappointing that there were not enough chairs set up so a handful of people stood.

Not a big deal but when you pay that money? It did rain but at the right times. The ceremony and pictures were able to dodge the storm. The reception was very nice.

The bartenders were the best. The emcee was enjoyable but in the middle of calling tables she got caught up in taking pics for instagram with a friend away from the area? The maid of honor had to step up. After an hour of dancing it started to pour!

Everyone went under an awning and a bar near by. It must have poured for 30 minutes or so. When it stopped everyone was ready to continue to dance. In fact they even told the bride they would add an hour since they lost that time.

But the dj computer got wet and was unable to play any of his music. One guest had a play list on his phone and we tried that but could hardly hear it. So the wedding ended and everyone went to the lobby at 9pm. I did ask about a refund for the 2 hours they lost since the dj had no music.

I have not received a reply. The communication at this resort is horrendous. Diamond Club Plain and simple - do not do it. There were 5 rooms that chose Diamond Club including myself.

As the trip got closer some of the rooms that were not Diamond Club decided to pay the extra for room selection. The DC guests wanted to also pay for a selection. Nope…DC are not allowed to pay for room choice? The DC guests all faced a different resort in building 19.

The non DC guests faced the pool area. When we got to the DC desk to check in - staff was very nice. We met our butler which had all 4 of our rooms. The parents of the groom actually carried their own luggage to the room and the butler greeted them and left.

He was more talkative to us and explained he can help us in anyway and specifically mentioned dinner reservations. The next morning (Friday) I texted him where we had hoped to make reservations as did the other DC rooms. He replied no problem. Friday the rehearsal was at the buffet and Saturday dinner was the wedding with the buffet.

Needless to say by Sunday we were looking forward to a sit down meal. We all checked with him and he was unable to make a reservation??? Huh? After some disappointing texts he finally said he got us a reservation at a restaurant at 7.

Unfortunately it was a different buffet and no reservations needed. We went to the DC desk to complain and ask them to get us a reservation for that evening and explained the situation. We asked to speak with a manager but the staff said there are no managers here on a Sunday night. What?

After some direct conversation they said the manager would meet me at 9 am. A butler ( not ours) walked us over and convinced Graze to get us in. We sat down at 9pm. Apparently none of the waiters had our table.

After sitting for 20 minutes, I had to go over to the kitchen and ask if we could get a waiter. Not a very enjoyable evening. The next morning I went to the DC desk to meet the manager. Nope she was not available.

I proceeded to go to Customer Service at the main desk. They told me I had to talk to DC. I asked if there was any management I could talk to that we could just smooth this over - they sent me back to the DC. A guest and I met with a person in the DC lounge that was supposedly a supervisor.

There were families all over and we asked if we could go to her office or somewhere else….she never even acknowledged it. I do not think she had an office. We asked if we could just be credited for the Diamond Club upgrade that we paid $800 per couple. This was after 4 nights without using any of the services.

We thought that was fair. We asked her to just please make this right. She had to talk to her manager. The result was no they would not be able to do anything except a new butler and they had one room available with a different view.

One guest did switch rooms and after he did they asked him to sign a waiver. He refused. A little bit later he was contacted by his new butler. The butler asked if he could meet him to introduce himself….When they met he only tried pressuring him into signing a waiver again.

The wedding had arranged one night at the Brazilian so there would only were 2 nights that we needed reservations. They did get us in at the Japanese that night. The next night we asked for Grazi. When we got to the Grazi restaurant they said there was no reservation ,,,could not believe it…..and to call our new butler.

That is when I insisted they seat us. There was lots of Spanish conversation among the workers.

They did seat us and it was a wonderful meal. There were so many complaints with guests waiting it was uncomfortable to sit and eat.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article