Slumlords!

My boyfriend and I new to MO, moved into our home 3.16.18. Issues started from day one of moving in. Weeks prior to moving in we paid our deposit, and signed the paperwork stating we paid and our move in date for 3.16.18. We arrive at Blue Bronco that morning to pick up our keys and to our surprise they didn’t have our keys there nor did they have us as moving in that day. Somehow there was a miscommunication on their end and they had our move in day scheduled for the following Friday. We were approved weeks prior to and were told that we had 2 weeks after being approved to move in or we’d lose the house. So the 16th was literally the last day we could’ve moved in. So for them to have our move in date for the following week would’ve been going against their own policy. After finally getting the keys a few hours later, we arrive at the house to move our things in. When we open the door the house was filthy! I had to clean the house before we could even begin to move our things in. The floors had footprints and mud all over the place. The toilet was wreaking of odor and had disgusting mold/mildew/scum growing in it, the kitchen cabinets had reminiscence of food and spilled/splashed liquids on them, the wall in our bedroom had a blood smear and what appeared to be *** as well, a mildewed/moldy wall, upon having the water turned on we found out that a pipe(s) in the basement were busted so we didn’t have running water, roof leak, we were promised a new fridge and there was no fridge when we got there. These are some of the issues right away upon move in. I called B.B. immediately upon arriving extremely upset about the condition of the house and they insisted that they did a walk through and had someone come clean the house prior to. Which is absolutely false. Also, I was informed that protocol for new residents moving in is to meet the property manager at the property to do a final walk through of the home before moving in. That option was never told to us nor did it happen, if it had we would not have moved in. I've contacted the city of Independence and began working with the city inspector in April-May regarding the numerous complaints that BB had not addressed. The inspection report came back with more things that were out of code and required being fixed. Blue Bronco made a small attempt to fix the minor problems, as well as the leaks in the basement and a new furnace. However, several major issues are still waiting to be tended to such as, the mildew/mold wall in the bedroom, termites in the basement, raccoons in the attic which have destroyed the siding of the house, the smell of urine and *** is seeping through the bathroom and our bedroom where they primarily live. I submitted a maintenance request for the raccoons months ago and they closed our ticket saying that we were responsible for paying critter control to come out and remove them. I let that go as other things have taken priority until recently where they've become more active and things have gotten worse. I sent in another maintenance request last Wednesday 8/8/2018 with pictures showing where the raccoons had ripped off part of the house. I received an email back on 8/9/2018 stating that the ticket had been closed. I called to confirm that someone would be coming out and after a brief conversation with the property manager she was extremely rude and hung up on me. We've asked to get out of the lease and they refused and were unwilling to work with us. I have sufficient evidence to support all of my claims including reports from the city and inspector. I feel that at this point, since I complained about all of these things when we first moved in, Blue Bronco is dragging their feet to get anything fixed until our lease is up so they can continue to collect our money. Its not right. We should not be forced to pay rent to a company that does not care about the well-being of their tenants nor their house. I'm asking that we be repaid our deposit in the amount of $699, and the 6 months worth of rent that we've paid equaling $4194.00. If the final walk through had been granted to us as it was supposed to be, we wouldn't be in this position to begin with. We would have at least had the opportunity to not move in until the house was in habitable condition. I've filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, and after doing some research they aren't accredited with the BBB, they have an F rating and other tenants have complained about the same exact things I am. This company should not be allowed to rent properties.
ID
Lees Summit, Missouri
Service
Blue Bronco Real Estate Property Rental

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article