I am a Horse - man's finest companion. I am the noblest, bravest, proudest, most courageous, and certainly the most willful and robust animal that humans ever domesticated.

I am your equal. I am a wild creature that can never be like you. I have heart, courage, and the game spirit that is my heritage. I will be taught, and I will please, and maybe in time I will be your confidant. But I will never be your possession. Mine is a fierce love, which knows no mercy for failure. No sympathy for weakness. I have come from the desert with its closeness to the spirit of nature which you do not understand. I was born of the Wind, mine is a warrior spirit. I cannot be humiliated in punishment or defeated even in death. For my spirit lives on in my children's children.

I am the projection of people’s dreams about themselves - strong, powerful and beautiful - and I can give them escape from their boring existence.

I give humans the wings they lack. I am an independent and intelligent animal, and yet I allow another and far more feeble animal, to ride upon my back. That’s my gift to a man. A man on a horse is spiritually better and physically bigger than a man on foot. By letting people ride on my back, I lend them freedom. And riders, who are wise, know - it is no more than a loan. While others grant themselves ability to fly and forget that there is a horse between them and the ground. These others maybe learned how to ride but they are yet to learn how to fall.

I am a willing servant, yet no slave. If I refuse to do what you ask me to, it means you are either asking for a wrong thing or you are asking it the wrong way.

I can change lives. I give people confidence and self-esteem. I can heal you bodies when your medicine cannot cure you. I provide peace and tranquility to troubled souls. I can help you work through sadness, grief, fear and uncertainty.

Your own human children have troubles expressing themselves to you. They never fail to find sympathy with us, horses.
People admit that horses make the most loyal, long-term friends. Their human friends may come and go, but a horse will be the most stable partner. You people have an ability to forget your two-legged buddies as well as all other creatures, but I will remember you no matter how long you may be absent from my life. I will always love you and maybe I will leave my hoof prints on your heart.

And with all that, people will never consider us their equals. They call us ‘younger brothers’, therefore kind of letting us into their human herd, but not as equals, rather as lower-rank beings. Men think they are better than anybody and everything else, since they possess the gift of reason and expression. By assuming that other animals lack this gift entirely; men reserve the right to disrespect the creatures with which they share the planet.

People are questioning our ability to think, to reason and to emote. The agnostic humans consider us incapable just because they cannot prove it. They are unable to understand our thoughts and emotions because we can’t speak. But while we can’t speak their language, they as well cannot speak ours. And while we can effortlessly understand them, not all of them can understand us. Only the best horse whisperers know - we don’t need words. We can read the body language. We can feel the emotions.

I know when you are happy. I know when you are comfortable. I know when you are scared. I also know when you have carrots, and this is one feeling you can easily understand. You call it my natural instinct. Is it because your own natural instincts are mostly around the ‘carrots’ and not the emotions of another being?

And still, you can call me ‘dumb’ just because I don’t verbalize like you do. I never call you ‘dumb’ just because you won’t shut up and listen. I forgive your imperfections. This proves my intelligence.

We the horses are made of the same stuff that the Homo sapiens breed. We can think just like they do. And just like them we can feel.
And we have our horse sense which keeps it from betting on people.