You can’t fake being a star; you need to be a star. But what if you feel that you are a true luminary, just waiting to be discovered? Who are these mysterious astronomers, pointing their telescopes in wrong directions, missing your bright starlight? Where is your star maker with a golden key to entertainment business?  You answer the talent agency ads and realize that they have nothing to do with actual talent search; they are just making their profits out of your dream. How cynical…

You want to be a star. A renowned one. What drives you the most? Fame, money or unbiased love of art? Maybe you just want to share your talent with more than your family and close friends. We will use some expert judgment of people, who already made it to stardom.

-If you have to have a job in this world, a high-priced movie star is a pretty good gig. (Tom Hanks).

Money. Nobody gets paid for being talented. Artists get paid because their movies or music make money, usually for other people.

-Being a star is an agent's dream, not an actor's. (Robert Duvall)

As for yourself – according to Screen Actors Guild (SAG) statistics, most of SAG’s members earn less than $7,500 a year. Still interested? If you feel, you are Tom Hanks – keep trying. Maybe, one day you will earn your big paycheck. It may be not exactly for your talent, but we are talking money here.

-Hollywood is a place where they'll pay you $50,000 for a kiss and 50 cents for your soul. (Marilyn Monroe)

Fame is probably the strongest driving force in the pursuit of stardom. While being famous in your local community is also rewarding, we are talking about global comprehensive fame. The kind of fame that comes with paparazzi escort and negative publicity. You don’t need to do anything wrong, being famous is enough. If you are a saint, you’ll be criticized for being a saint.

-There's a moment when you're famous when it's unbearable to go out because you're too famous. (Steve Martin)

-If I would believe what I read about myself, I would hate my guts too.  (Zsa Zsa Gabor)

-If I make a move, like raise my eyebrows, some critic says I'm doing Nicholson. What am I supposed to do, cut off my eyebrows? (Christian Slater)

-If I walked on water people would say I couldn't swim. (John Turner)

-The truth is, I've made about 30 movies in 30 years, and I've been criticized for 30 years for not making more movies. (Dustin Hoffman)

-The worst part of success is to try to find someone who is happy for you. (Bette Midler)

-People want you to be a crazy, out-of-control teen brat. They want you miserable, just like them. They don't want heroes; what they want is to see you fall.  (Leonardo DiCaprio)

-In this business, until you're known as a monster you're not a star. (Bette Davis)

-There are advantages to being a star though - you can always get a table in a full restaurant. (Ingrid Bergman).

If you feel that you are a real star, the global validation will be the ultimate payoff. This is bigger than just fame, and it has nothing to do with money. It feels great to be a Great. It worth trying. Though, it is proven to be the toughest test for a human being. Will you be able to remain a human? Will you still be yourself? Macro-fame can cause a complication called “star fever”. Don’t mistake it for Bullis syndrome, but this rare disease can destroy your personality as badly as the Bullis fever – your body. Fortunately, the side-effect is not mandatory and there are many Greats, who are also fine humans.

-I'm an instant star. Just add water and stir. (David Bowie)

-I won't be a rock star. I will be a legend. (Freddie Mercury)

-If you look at yourself as a star, you've already lost something in the portrayal of any human being. (Gene Hackman)

Stars are glamorous. Maybe, we want some of this gorgeousness, the entourage waiting for us the moment we roll out of bed, the charm spreading around with our every step. This thought could be a little shallow, but still so attractive. Or…maybe not. When your exquisite looks become a job requirement, it can be annoying. And what it has to do with talent and big art?

-I never go outside unless I look like Joan Crawford the movie star. If you want to see the girl next door, go next door. (Joan Crawford)

-Just standing around looking beautiful is so boring, really boring, so boring. (Michelle Pfeiffer)

-People have been so busy relating to how I look, it's a miracle I didn't become a self-conscious blob of protoplasm. (Robert Redford)

-It's not that easy bein' green. (Kermit the Frog)

We think, stars are having lot of fun. We know that it is not always true, but yet chose to think so. Real stars are working very hard, draining themselves physically and emotionally, depriving themselves of simple pleasures, which simple people are taking for granted. But in spite of everything we would like to trade places with them.

-On stage I make love to 25,000 people; then I go home alone. (Janis Joplin).

-Most of the time I don't have much fun. The rest of the time I don't have any fun at all. (Woody Allen).

-When I die, my epitaph should read: She Paid the Bills. That's the story of my private life. (Gloria Swanson).

-My only regret in the theater is that I could never sit out front and watch me. (John Barrymore)

So, why do we want to be a star? Maybe, because everything they say is heard, recorded, quoted and repeated? We want to see quotes with our name. That’s star power.

-I love being famous. It validates that I have something to say.  (Rich Lewis)