Malena Skd

Dog is not purebred

Paid $1800 for what we were told was a miniature schnauzer, she's now a year old and the truth is coming out. I took her to a new vet, he said what do we have here and I was already questioning her being purebred, I said a miniature schnauzer and the vet proceeded to say, no she's not, she might have schnauzer in her but she's definitely not full blooded. So this lady needs to be shut down basically she's selling mix breeds and saying their purebred. I've ordered embark DNA test and I will definitely be pursuing this. She should be shut down and get some jail time and have her breeders license revoked. I will do everything in my power to make sure she isn't able to rob anyone else. Shame on you!!!
Loss:
Cons:
  • Thief

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don't do it

map-marker Kingman, Arizona

BEAUTIFUL puppies

We are going to be picking up our puppy in May. Amy is so very nice and professional! Her puppies are so adorable! We were very impressed with the way she does business and her precious puppies! I would highly recommend her! Victoria
Gale E Gws
map-marker Spring Hill, Florida

GREAT BREEDER--REALLY HONEST AND NICE

I bought my toy schauzner from her 15 years ago and he passed and I am very sad. I had 15 years with a 4 pound healthy boy and Amy was so much more fair with her prices then other breeders. She plays with her puppies and they are well taken care of. She met me at the airport to give my dog. All these reviews are so silly--they are from angry breeders. To me Amy is an honest and caring breeder! Gale Eisen
Pros:
  • Had beautiful healthy toy schauzner for 15 years from amy
Reason of review:
Good customer service
Angelica C Ekh
map-marker Casselberry, Florida

BEWARE!!! BLAIRS TOY SCHNAUZERS, Backyard Breeder selling sick puppies, Spring Hills, Florida

Amy Blair raises Miniature and toy size Schnauzer in horrendous, unsanitary, inhumane conditions. I found Blairs Toy Schnauzers on the internet and after a few phone conversations with the Breeder, Amy, I decided to reserved a chocolate toy female Schnauzer. When I arrived to pick up my new puppy she refused to let me see the parents or the kennels. I wanted to see how my puppy was raised and socialized but she declined and made excuses that the dogs were not groomed. I was about to turn around and leave when she told her husband to get the Mommy of my little puppy. I guess she did not want to lose out on the sales which I was about to cancel. She ordered her husband to get the Mommy out. Once I saw the mother I knew right away that this was not the same dog as she had posted on the website . Amy said that her husband did not know the dogs well enough and she told him which dog to get. When he returned the second time he held up a female dog that did not look like the website picture either. She was all matted up and the smell from urine and *** was unbearable . Then he brought out the supposedly Father of my puppy and he looked in much worse shape than what the mother of my baby did. I could not believe that it was the same dog as she had posted on her website. I could not even tell whether it was a miniature schnauzer or what. The poor little guy must not have had a grooming or bath in at least 8 month or longer. *** was caked in his his matted fur. I was speechless. The sad part that during the whole time I was holding my tiny new puppy tight against my chest and I knew better not to buy her from such a horrific breeder. My brain told me to run as fast as I could but my heart did not allow for me to leave this helpless little puppy another minute longer in such horrendous living conditions. This little puppy was just shivering with fear because it had not been handled or loved they way a puppy should have been. Amy (in her late sixties) told me that she had over 50 dogs and no one to help her with the care. I asked her why she would have more dogs than what she could handle and her response was "Why Not" I Never should have gotten my little Miniature Toy Schnauzer, Molly, from BLAIRS TOY SCHNAUZERS in Spring Hill Florida. I felt that if I had left her there that she would have died. From the time I first had her at 12 weeks she often had diarrhea, but I thought it was part of being a puppy. I had to take her to the hospital b/c she also had severe vomiting. At 5 months she had renal failure and was in the hospital for 5 days on an IV drip. After $4000 (not including first hospital visit) her life was saved. The vet said it was a miracle. During her hospital stay I called Amy Blair (who was NEVER available). When I finally did reach her she was rude to me and hung up the phone. I wanted help, answers to save my precious Molly. I was hoping to find out if any other pups in the litter has similar problems to assist my vet with saving her. I called her again and then SHE SCREAMED at me, told me it was my fault, that my Vet was experimenting on her, to take her out of the hospital, that I didn't elevate her feeding bowl high enough...on and on and on about how it was all my fault.... She told me to call her vet. I did and the Vet confessed that the Blairs were not great breeders and advised me NOT to listen to Amy Blair, but to keep Molly where she was, with our Vet. She is now healthy, and I am writing this because I realized that she would not have survived without me. I also found out from another Schnauzer breeder that the AKC papers and pedigree are false and that Amy Blair does lots of inbreeding like father to daughter, bother to sister and so on and puts the name of a different sire on the AKC papers . I paid $1800 for her. To me she is priceless, but I hope that Blairs Toy Schnauzers stop breeding and hurting these innocent animals. It breaks my heart to hear the other stories of families who were not as blessed to save their pup. I have included pictures of my puppies parents . Pictures were taken with my Verizon phone without them knowing. PLEASE STOP THESE UNETHICAL *** BREEDERS!!!! Shame on you Blairs Toy Schnauzers!!!!!

| map-marker Getzville, New York

SLANDER & LIES FROM AMY BLAIR

Ms. Amy Blair (Blair's Toy Schnauzers-Spring Hill, Florida) has lied about my husband and me on numerous occasions. She is constantly bad mouthing us to anyone that will listen along with many other Miniature Schnauzer breeders. You can go to our web site at http://www.littlefriendschnauzers.com and click on Cappi's picture to see his pedigree, registration and contract between Little Friends schnauzers and Blair's Toy Schnauzers. Cappi has never been breed to any dogs that did not belong to us. We co-own some dogs with a friend. These dogs are registered in our names and our friends with AKC. Another breeder has filed an injunction against Amy Blair for a similar problem as ours and harassment.
Guest

Hi Amy’s an old woman with an acid tongue and a vengeful mind. Always plotting and scheming.

She inbreeds as she has no control over her scores of aimlessly wondering dirty dogs.

If you choose to buy from her! Good Luck!

kathy P Peo
map-marker Casselberry, Florida

Puppy Mill Warning! Sick Toy Schnauzers from Blair Toy Schnauzerser in Florida

Puppy Mill Warning! Sick Toy Schnauzers from Breeder in Florida I purchased 2 toy size Schnauzer puppies from a breeder in Spring Hill , Florida (Amy Blair aka: Blairs Toy Schnauzers) at the end of February 2010. Both puppies (Mandy and Lola) arrived lovable & cute, but sick. They had Coccidia and upper respiratory infections. A veterinarian treated both... Both had to be hospitalized for days and miraculously recovered. However, Mandy showed signs of what a vet believes are genetic disorders. Mandy had multiple seizures and had to be euthanized yesterday. Turns out she had Liver Shunt and it was too late for surgery. We are watching Lola closely. I purchased the dogs from a Florida breeder after seeing her online ad. When contacted about the sick puppies, the breeder said, "just let them die". She didn't even suggest replacement pups, and did not understand why I was trying to save Mandy & Lola. The breeder has screamed and cursed me. She hangs up the phone on me and is very unreasonable Also, the breeder is STILL advertising pups online with the same photos they used to represent the puppies sold. The picture of Lola sent to me as the puppy I would be receiving did not match the puppy I received (Lola had a white tip on her tail - but the puppy I received did not . DO NOT buy puppies from this breeder. I WOULD NEVER EVER EVER BUY A PUPPY FROM HER! SHE SELLS SICK PUPPIES AND DOES NOTHING ABOUT IT WHEN SE HEARS OF THEM BEING PUT TO SLEEP.
Guest

I have to say I bought Bella a female Schnauzer from Blair Schnauzer and she's the best little dog I've ever had without any problems. The only thing that I thought was strange as they would not let me see the parents or any other puppies

Jeanette J Upf

There are laws in the State of Florida that can protect the buyer. If you have proof of a liver shunt or any other life threatening genetic diseases in a puppy that you purchased in the State of Florida the breeder must give you your money back. Please report this incident to State of Florida USDA.

Guest

I also bought a tea cup from Blair's schnauzers. My dog had a liver biopsy 2 weeks ago.

I have had her for 8 months and she has been in and out of hospitals specialist ect. When I called the breeder to fill her in on what was going on she told me to put the dog on a plane and send her back if I was unhappy. Like I would send a dog back that I love so much. I asked her if she would split the costs and she said no.

She was short and told me its not her fault California has expensive vets.

My dog is my world but the breeder was uncaring about my situation and refused to take any responsibility for a ill dog.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-586816

so did you ever send this breeder any proof of whatever you are talking about or did you just demand your money back? sounds to me like you are another spoiled rich girl in Ca who did not keep up your end of the bargain. there are two sides to every story but we are only hearing one.I assume the dog is still alive?

View more comments (3)

| map-marker Cape Coral, Florida

BLAIRS TOY SCHNAUZERS (Bill & Amy Blair)

BLAIRS TOY SCHNAUZERS for many years has been represented by AMY BLAIR. WILLIAM (Bill) BLAIR'S name is always on the puppy registrations and not AMY BLAIR'S name. This is the first time that I have seen WILLIAM BLAIR represent BLAIRS TOY SCHNAUZERS. AMYU BLAIR has slandered, harassed, broken Federal Copy Write laws against my husband and I over the years. We have been set up to purchase a dog from another breeder that had already been sold to BLAIR'S TOY SCHNAUZERS, I have a law firm that represents us write letters to Mr. and Mrs. Blair to cease and decease. They just ignored the letters sent to them and continued to harass us and to this day are continuing to lie and Slander our reputation. Our attorney told us we would win in court. We could not recover our costs to pursue taking them to court. They had filed bankruptcy. Amy Blair has harassed several breeders and bad mouthed many breeders to anyone that will listen. All of these things I say are documented or our clients and dog breeders will testify to. AMY BLAIR has a Injunction against her from a breeder at this time.
Guest

In response to the rubbish posted about Amy Blair I would like to add that the people making this complaint are those trying to emulate her success and the same who have in the past asked for her help and assistance, which she kindly gave.

Breached Contracts, Unpaid Services Rendered! How much further is this lovely lady going to be challenged without reprisal?

Now on the day of reckoning, they defend themselves by attacking. The oldest trick in the book. How predictable! How humdrum!

Amy is a gentle hard working and moral breeder and human being.

The people posting this rubbish are projecting their own character traits and behaviours.

There is absolutely no substance to these allegations!

Who cares whose name the dogs are registered in, moreover, how does this affect you 'ladies' Scraping the bottom of the barrel for a 'smoke screen'?

You'd do better taking a leaf from Amy's book; stop complaining and get on with your own affairs. Being productive feels so good you should all try it!

Shame on you Bullies and Cowards! You know who you are.

Your actions and false allegations could well disturb the peace but I have to hand it to Amy; she has contained her hurt and anger and put her energy to good use - into her work.

Amy demonstrates the qualities of a mature, well adjusted lady. She has practised great strength and self discipline during these unprovoked and unsubstantiated attack.

She has work to do and despite this taunting that threatens to assassinate her character and potentially her business, she continues to carry on her life's passion.

The slander WILL be dealt with in due course and justice will

reign as always.

Amy will continue breeding those beautiful dogs that you all have in your lines today.

She will not be side blinded despite your failed attempts.

I imagine all this comes down to the not so little green monster; Professional jealousy? I know it does!

What was it you aimed to communicate Ms SeayIt's not clear here.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-588300

Well said...Frankly I could not follow what Ms. Seay was trying to say either.

Did anyone force her to deal with Amy or Bill Blair or was it the quality and colors of their dogs and their fair prices? Probably.

Enough said about someone who has a lot more breeding experience than those casting stones. They should go back to their work and figure out what they are doing wrong because as I see it, the Blairs are doing nothing wrong.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-588300

Dear Anonymous:

If you consider other breeders bullies and cowards,why have you posted your response under Anonymous? Could you be one of the Blair's??? We feel anyone posting on this site should have to sign their alligations. Everyone should be held responsible for their actions. :sigh

View more comments (2)
bill b Qaj
map-marker Tampa, Florida

Signed notarized contracts mean nothing to her

She purchased several dogs from me. On the one name Cappi I had her draw up a contract which stated that HE was NOT to be used for breeding other than with her personal females. She also was to give me one free breeding from him. She has since studded him out with many unrelated females, I never got my free breeding and she continues to harrass me?? what is wrong with that picture? Apparently her word is worth nothing. Now she is still angry with us for buying a puppy (from my lines) from a breeder in Texas. All I did was offer the breeder more money..Nothing underhanded about that. happens all the time in the real world. She threatened to sue the breeder and us. No grounds so that never happened. She needs to get a life and not worry about what we are doing
Jeanette J Upf

Amy Blair at Blair's Toy Schnauzers has lied about Cappi being studded out to outside dogs. He has never been bred to a dog that we have not owned.

For proof of this you may E-mail us at floridaschnauzers@***.com requesting a copy of the contract my husband I had with Amy Blair and Bill Blair of Blairs Toy Schnauzers. We will send you Cappi's full registered name. You can then check with the American Kennel Club and ask for a copy of any dog's names that have been bred to Cappi.

You will not find any dogs that he bred that do not have our names on the registrations. We consider these attacks personal and slanderous.

reply icon Replying to comment of Jeanette J Upf

How old is this fight? who really cares?

get a life lady, sounds like you got what you wanted and then screwed the breeder over. shame on you and people like you

View more comments (1)
Hatcher Bag
map-marker Sarasota, Florida

Blair's Toy Schnauzers Spring Hill FL

I bought a toy schnauzer from a lady named Vera. Vera is a wonderful lady and was very nice to me and my children. Vera had gotten the puppy from Amy Blair. After, having our little puppy for a few months, I was told by the vet that he had genetic health issues the biggest one being, testicular torticolisis. The vet had to do major surgery to remove his *** so that he wouldn't die. I contacted Amy Blair requesting further information on the health of her puppys and she was rude and hung up on me. I wrote her requesting a partial refund to cover vet costs and she wrote back stating she wasn't responsible and her puppies are all healthy. I paid $2000.00 for our puppy. I shouldn't have paid that much, but we love him and he is part of our family. I want to let other people know about Amy Blair so they are not taken in by her and ripped off for unhealthy puppies.
$2000
Guest

That nice sweet lady Vera Clark with Maximilian Schnauzer's was responsible for replacing your puppy not Amy Blair as an ethical breeder she should have known those *** were not down and shame on you for trying to blame it on Amy Blair. Vera Clark is known among the breeders as a vicious, lying, conniving, cheating breeder.

I know this first hand my friend dealt with her and Vera cheated her out of her shipping money and sent this poor puppy back in a kennel and threw bacon bits in it that poor pup could have choked to death in that cargo hold when my friend picked that poor pup up at the airport Vera Clark had sent it C.O.D.

and cheated my friend out of the shipping money and when she got the puppy that poor tiny 2 lb little girl had pooped and threw up all over that kennel and because I told her off about it she now bashes my name on her website. If you had any sense you would look over Vera Clark's website and notice all the sick puppies that she has bred and then hits the public up to pay for it.

dsfgd d

sdfsdfasdf

Guest

To the lady who bought a puppy from Vera that came from Amy Blair. Why did she pay $2000 for a puppy that was originally purchased by Vera Clark and going to Germany?

I know for a fact the breeder would have taken the puppy back but Vera decided to add $800 to the price she paid to A. Blair. This can all be proven and did she do an AKC transfer as required by AKC?

doubt it.check out Vera Clark a little closer. She is the one acting as a puppy broker but making a lot of money on the pups she resells

View more comments (2)

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article