Beware of being charged for something you didn't approve!

Birchwood Tree Service provided a quote for taking down a tree. Their quote was one of many quotes I received for this work. A few weeks later I received a bill from Birchwood Tree Service for the work of which they did NOT do nor did I ever verbally approve of or sign for any work from them. They are just trying to scam people out of money for doing absolutely nothing. After a conversation with the office they now want to charge me $50 for a "set up" fee to take down the tree that no longer exists. Again, I never asked nor approved for their services. My next step is the Attorney General's Office.
ID
#190535 Review #190535 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Saint Petersburg, Florida

My Lawn Got Destroyed

Birchcrest Tree & Landscape came to cut down some of my neighbors trees & grind up the tree stumps.While they were doing this they parked trucks in MY driveway and parked trucks on MY lawn and used equipment on MY lawn. As they were cutting down the trees large limbs fell onto MY lawn causing deep,wide divots into the grass.They also used a small tracked bobcat bulldozer to pull the sections of the tree limbs they cut in my neighbors back yard.The place where they drove that bobcat through MY lawn a LARGE section of the lawn IS DEAD! I called the company and they told me that they would fix any damages caused and asked for my phone number for a "follow-up" call. #1-I DID NOT give permission for the company to park and use equipment on my property. #2-NO ONE from the company,employee or representitive talked to me before any of the work was done to tell me what was going to be done or to ask me for permission to be on MY property. #3-I called the company to address my concerns and the operator said she would call the crew,asked for my phone number and would get back to me but never did call back. #4-NO ONE from the company has called me to address my concerns and it has been 3-4 days.

Birchwood did the same to us in Rochester area. Birrchwood came on our property, without any easement from us, no notification, nothing … to cut down our neighbors tree.

They wrecked our lot with heavy cherry picker equipment (drove two heavy trucks in our yard, parking one for over six hours in one spot), putting many many deep ruts throughout our backyard.

They said they would be back the next week to fix/repair the damage, but never came.

I'm giving them notice of one more week and then if nothing … filling a lawsuit against them for MAJOR damages, and trespassing!

ID
Rochester, New York

About

Birchwood Tree and Lanscape FAQ
To read more: http://www.birchcrestlandscape.com/faqs.htm
Summary

Birchwood Tree and Landscape is a premier tree care and landscaping firm which is located in Rochester, NY. The company specializes in complete health care of trees and shrubs, design and installation of walkways, patios, ponds and waterfalls, retaining walls and arbors, etc. Birchwood Tree and Landscape also provides lawn care and total landscape maintenance. The company has been on the market for more than 28 years. Currently it serves Rochester, Brighton, Irondequoit, Fairport, Penfield, Pittsford, Victor, and Webster, NY areas, providing those with landscape design, landscape construction, tree services, lawn care, plant care, landscape maintenance services as well as a number of commercial ones.

Birchwood Tree and Lanscape reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article