Shipping fiasco + attempted extortion= -Rs. 2,099

ORDER ID# 3497 INVOICE# INV-2012-0**** PAID Rs. 2,099/- ONLINE WITH SBI CREDIT CARD I ordered a product from Biotech Trading Pvt Ltd via their website home-check.net.in on 21 December, 2013. The company specifically requested two separate addresses, billing and shipping. I filled the forms correctly and gave them complete and correct details, even adding instructions to include my mobile number on the shipping label for the convenience of the courier. Instead of sending it to my Bangalore shipping address, they sent it to the Mumbai billing address. The extremely unprofessional courier never bothered to call my mobile. I only came to know about the screw up when my sister notified me that some guy was trying to deliver a package to my Mumbai billing address. She told the courier to call me and he refused, insisted that I call him. How courteous... So I called him and he said the package would be sent to the correct address. It never arrived. I called him again after several days and he told me the item had been returned to the company in New Delhi. Jerk. So I called the company and the equally unprofessional little woman on the other end tried to lay the blame on me, saying I had "given wrong address" but that it would be shipped. I have the online invoice to prove otherwise, so that dog doesn't hunt. I sent a scathing email to the company regarding the sly comment that I had "given wrong address." I got another call saying it would be shipped immediately. Fine. So, here we are on 17th of January, 2014, almost a month after I placed the order, and when the courier, who called himself "Raman" finally brings the product to my home he attempted to extort A LOT of cash from my wife. As I said, I PAID 2,099 Indian Rupees for the product online using my SBI credit card. The goonda they sent to deliver the package demanded another 2,099 Rupees cash from my wife, insisting it was a COD order. She refused to pay up and offered to show him the online invoice which clearly indicates the product was paid for and he refused to listen, was not interested in seeing the invoice and became belligerent. He refused to leave and bullied my wife into returning the parcel to him. I'm sure the fact that my wife is foreign had something to do with his behaviour. It is not the first time a racist, criminal lumpen has attempted to cheat her simply because she is not Indian. If my wife was half as rich as these half literate, barbaric racists think she is, I assure you we would not be living in this thieving, unsafe sewer called India, we would be nicely settled in a clean, civilized place like Scandinavia, Germany or Beijing. There's a ton of reasons that decent, sane, well adjusted Indians flee this place in droves. Such uncivilized, unprofessional and shameless behaviour from all sectors of the Indian business community and at all levels, from the frontlines to the CEOs, is very typical and is one of the many reasons that decent people run off to other countries. We can't do anything here without going through ***. If you buy groceries, buy clothing, visit the dentist, try to avail bank services, ride in an auto rickshaw, ride the bus, seek car repair services or attempt to conduct any other mundane transaction you will be disrespected, abused, deceived and/or cheated at some point along the way. If I could find employment abroad, I would gather up my wife, parents and dog and flee with the rest! And fleeing is all we can do because in India the barbaric lumpens outnumber the decent, civilized human beings. We can't even vote the lumpens out of office because, as I said, we're outnumbered and the elections are rigged anyway. Anyone who sincerely tries to correct the wrongs will be illegally framed for crimes they did not commit or physically attacked and murdered by the majority who favour crime and corruption. I'm very lucky that my wife stays by my side day after day, as she is confronted with so much uncivilized behaviour every time she leaves the house- and in this case she didn't even have to leave, just opened the door to accept a parcel! Thanks to Biotech Trading for their superb contribution to India's epic failure. People with the means to buy from e-commerce companies do so simply to avoid this very behaviour from bad kirana wallas and from the criminals they pass on the street en route to the kirana.
ID
Mumbai, Maharashtra
Loss
$2099

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article