Worst experience with a contract ever

Hired Nick billman / billman barns and fencing to build a 24x50 post frame shop paid 5400.00 upfront. 4 to 6 week to complete was promised and in the contract. It took over a month to start and only worked about 2 hours the first day 4 hours the second day many many excuses later called me every name under the sun called me a liar/ ignorant/ for asking for work to be done. And said I had no right to question him and it was none of my business when he worked. Ended with no refund. Had to hire another contractor and got it done without any issues. I just want my money back. We adopted our 4 grandkids and he knew that and in my opinion stole from us.

he needs to be STOPPED

@PissedConsumer1759018

scam artist

View more comments (1)
ID
Pros
  • Was polite until he got down payment
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Breach of Contract

Update by user Sep 17, 2017

Nick Billman's home address is 807 N. Valleyview Rd.,Donna, Tx 78537.

His business address is 288N. Gaines Rd. Cedar Creek Tx 78612 But he had rented another place in Bastrop.

I think his wife and kids still live in Cedar Creek. They were supposedly getting a divorce.

Original review posted by user Sep 16, 2017
BREACH OF CONTRACT March 26th 2017, we hired Nick Billman to enclose our patio, April 18th, build 2 sheds, May 23rd, add circle to our drive, and April 28th, remove and replace fence around property/driveway with a pipe fence. Each job had a contract w/bid and date of completion. Also contract had warranties of 5 yrs for patio and sheds, then 10yrs on fence. The roof on the patio leaked with first rain. I called Nick and he came out to fix it the next day and said if it leaks again to let him know. Afterwards we have had leaks every time it rained. I called him and he said he would take care of it. As of today, 9-16-17, he still hasn't come out to do that. The sheds Nick built are good and he did a good job on the circle drive. However the fence is not completed. Nick requested weekly checks towards the labor cost to pay his workers. Against my husband's better judgement, he agreed to pay him weekly, although the contract stated 30%down and balance on completion. June 15th was last check my husband paid NIck. We paid him total price of contract except for $100.00 and was looking forward to completion of fence shortly thereafter. That was the last time we saw Nick. Most of the pipe posts are cemented in but the top rail and fencing is not done. He never came back to finish the job. I have called, emailed, and texted him to please finish this fence and Nick hasn't answered and told me when he's going to complete the fence. The last email I sent on 9/7, I asked him to reimburse me for labor to finish the fence and we would hire someone else. He still hasn't answered me. So here we are, out over $12,000.00 and no fence. Now we have to someone else to finish Nicks job. We are senior citizens and on a fixed income, this sure hurts. My husband is 76 and a military vet. It's a shame that we were taken advantage of in such a way. I don't know how he sleeps at night.

I'm having a Sim problem with Nick billman. Paid money up front and can't get him to show up. One excuse after the other and gets mad if I ask when to expect any work to be done

@PissedConsumer1505891

sorry to hear that..wish u would have read this review first. He has since contacted me and said he wanted to work w/me to resolve this and wanted to send me some documents to look at w/dependencies to my post.

i told him I would look at it...that was in January..still waiting. I don't know how he stays in business screwing over his customers.

@PissedConsumer1507488

How do we all get together to stop this thief ? He is giving small contractors a very bad name. How can we all contact each other and shut him down?

@PissedConsumer1759020

I forgot to state he now has Agro Fencing in Cedar Creek, Tx and some companies listed under Morgan Billman,,,,,(his wife and accomplice)

View more comments (3)
ID
Service
Billman Home Services Fence Building Service
Pros
  • Was friendly and did good work on sheds
  • Did good work on enclosing patio except roof leaks
  • Good job on circle drive
Cons
  • Took advantage of us
  • Patio roof leaks and will not fix
  • Paid for fence and will not complete
Reason of review
paid for job not finished
Loss
Preferred solution
reimberse money for job not finished

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article