Grease at Snow Summit Resort!!!

Chair lift rollers dropped grease on my girlfriend's NEW down jacket (a present). Customer service said it will come right out with a wash, but if not, "we'll take care of it". It didn't and they requested we send in the jacket since they have had the problem before- many times, and know how to get it out. I did and they sent it back with the same stains and said "This is the best we can do". When pressed, they basically said too bad, but we'll send you a free lift ticket if you sign a release! Needless to say she is not a happy snowboarder right now!

This is an idiotic thing to complain about.In the 19 years that I've been riding, I rode at bear mountain 76 days last year and close to that number for the three years before that. I've never had any problems with snow summit or bear mountain ever before.

How are you going to complain about your gear getting dirty, that's not their fault! So you got some grease on your jacket, boo hoo, *** happens. I've broken BONES snowboarding, including my collar bone, my back, my elbow, chipped ankle cartilage and damaged both my knees. You know how much that costs to fix?

When you go snowboarding at ANY resort you kind of have to suck it up and just make the best of it. So what if your jacket got dirty, shows that you actually got some use out of it.

When you buy a ticket at ANY resort if you actually take the time to flip it over and read the back of it you realize that right there, printed on the ticket, is a release from liability. Sucks that you wasted your time whining about your jacket and not enjoying the snow.

Although they probably wont see this, they need to change their grease.There is excellent lubricant available that isnt soap based.I dont beleive it would leave any stains and it will make bearings last "forever".It is a tan/brown color.......

Bear Mountain/Snow Summit--same company, have a hands-off policy with everything. That is why you hardly see any ski patrol doing anything more than picking up people off the slopes to send them to the local hospital.

They have an off-shore insurance company and will deny liability. They also do not drug test their employees, which also includes the lift operators.

So, unless you press them they will usually just deny everything. I also say stay away and head to the real resorts in California of Mammoth and Tahoe.

Some people would complain about breathing if they had nothing else to complain about.

Maybe they should stop greasing the rollers and let chair lifts drop out of the sky?

If you snowboard at Summit or Bear, you basically asked for it. Be glad nobody killed you by running into you at Bear.

If you must snowboard in CA, Mammoth or Tahoe are the only real choices. I recommend saving up and going to Breck, Vail or Park City for real boarding action.

Bear and Summit are weaksauce. :roll

Yeah snow summits the best I've been snowboarding there for 10 years I won't go anywhere else

Never had a problem

I had a friend get something ruined at snow summit and they handled it very well....he said he was really happy with how they treated the situation

View more comments (6)
ID
Riverside, California

About

Summary

Big Bear Mountain Resorts provides people who like active rest in winter and are fond of skiing in the mountains with access to two excellent winter resorts: Bear Mountain and Snow Summit. Being located just two miles apart, both of them are equipped with numerous lifts and have about fifty runs. The company offers special learning programs for newly-fledged sportsmen of all ages, who can exercise on its spacious beginner, intermediate and advanced terrains.
The resorts have communication via an inter-resort express shuttle service which everyone can use for free. Big Bear Mountain’s clients can enjoy beautiful mountain views, a traditional alpine atmosphere and youthful environment that attract sportsmen from around the world.

Big Bear Mountain Resorts reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article