Big and Tall Men's clothing catalog-Indiana

This catalog company is a lousey one especially if you receive the wrong size item and return it. I ordered one pair of pants and asked for them to be hemmed because they would be too long. When I got the pants in the mail they were too long and several sizes too big. So I returned them knowing I would owe for return shipping, but not for the hemming because they were hemmed at 36 inches instead of my requested 30 inches. I noted what was wrong and what the correct measurements should be. And when the package arrived yet again, they were the wrong length and the wrong waist size dispite the fact I had clearly written the instructions. So, I decided to send them back again. When they arrived they were unhemmed yet still the wrong waist size. I put them on and they fell to the ground. I decided to give up and asked for a refund, because not only had they gotten the size wrong, the hemming wrong, they also charged me for two pairs of pants. The cost was about $150.00 for a pair of pants that should have been $39.00, plus $6.00 for hemming them and shipping was free. The Big and Tall Men's Clothing company sent me a check on their banking account, so I took it to that very same bank and was told that the company had no account with them. So, I called the customer care number and the woman said to deposit it in my bank and see what happened. I refused to do that and they gave me a number to call, and that person told me to write a different routing number on the check. By this time I was so angry that I returned the check and asked if I could find something else in the catalog to make up the difference. They said yes so I ordered several items. Those items arrived with an amount due, and that was incorrect because I was still owed money. I told them, but they sent another check and later a bill for some of the alteration costs. I finally called them and told them their checks were still bad and I wasn't paying the bill they sent and if they wanted the money to come and get it. I figure when all was said and done...the pants and socks and the bad checks ordeal was spread over three months and cost me $129.00.

Mail order sucks. But if their are no big guy stores close by I understand doing the mail order thing.

But if you get the chance try MARTINS FOR MEN in Villa Park, Ill. On Rt 64 ( North Ave.). The best service you will EVER get. On site tailor while you wait, competitive prices and up to date modern styles.

No I don't work there.

Just a very satisfied customer for us big people. A heck of a lot better than the pork lovers at Manny's big & tall.

ID
Kankakee, Illinois

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article