Best Western Plus Panama Zen Hotel - Best Western Diamond Membership Rewards Review from Plaza, Veraguas

The worst hotel experience from the last 25 years. The management of the Best Western Panama hotel screw you for everything. This bad behavior is totally UNACCEPTABLE. It's a SHAME. I booked this hotel for a first night using my rewards Diamond Elite Member 600663****335576 because I spent more than 45 nights in one year at Best Western hotels. 1. I called Carlos at the front desk the day before to be sure to get a top floor room (14th) and to enjoy my Rewards taking night pictures of the city, but when I arrived I got....the 7th floor. First HUGE disappointment. 2. I asked also a shuttle or taxi to pick me up at the airport. They confirmed but with an extra cost of 35$. After talking with the taxi driver he told me that the regular price for the airport never exceed 20$ When I wanted to pay with my credit card the hotel want to add on my 35$ invoice an other tax of 10% ?! ....what I definitively denied. Wich place have you seen in the world you have to pay a tax and an additional tax for taxi ride ?!! 3. I booked 2 others nights and asked as VIP member if I could have a special discount price directly at the front desk. Yes they proposed me the nights 20% more than I can get with Booking or Agoda!! Theft, simply theft. They tried to screw me a second time. So I booked directly to Booking. 4. The third night I asked to book a taxi for the next morning for a meeting. They did it but told me that the price will be 50% more just to make the booking of the taxi! A SHAME ! 5. I booked two others nights through Booking because the rate was much better ....compared what they proposed me as Best western VIP member. But this time the breakfast was not included such as for the first three nights. They charge me for one simple breakfast 20$ with tax whereas I did not take my first breakfast which one was included in the Awards first room. 6. I used the room phone for a local call in the city of Panama. They charged me a long distance call at 4,27$ for 7 minutes. A real scandal when every one knows that phone calls are now free with TV and Wifi pack. 7. A Heineken beer in the minibar? that will cost you 4$ plus tax, the price of a pack of 6. A theft ! 8. Last I want to mention I'm a Corporate Vice President for a big U.S. healthcare corporation but every day the hotel asked me a warranty debit on my Platinum Amex Card. It's a shame a real shame, a pour behavior. This is indigent. You cannot imagine how much I'm angry against the bad management of Best western in Panama. That is how Best Western treats it's best customers so you can imagine just a tourist ! I decided to put my Gold Crown Club Membership in the trash. It's a big joke ! Staff members are nice, polite and well educated but nobody knows how to take the right decision or to have the minimum of consideration. I explained to all the staff Veronica and Eydeth as well as Carlos the front desk Manager and Jaime Santos the Corporate account executive the shameful behavior, inappropriate and disrespectful to my respect but without result. So I decided to move to another hotel, throw out my VIP card Gold Crown Membership, and wrote this comment for others shall avoid getting TRAP by Best western Plus Panama zen Hotel. Regards, John D. Nury, PhD

A fish rots from the head. Obviously the property sucked too.

So, you never mentioned how the hotel was. You stayed there for additional days, but railed against the management.

Sounds like the hotel was OK. Also, when you book a room on rewards points, you don't automatically get the best room. Sounds like you have an attitude.

If you are a Corp. VP of a large company, I hope your sentence structure is better than, "You cannot imagine how much I'm angry........" And I couldn't help but laugh at your remark about "pour behavior." A real classic!!!

View more comments (1)
ID
Plaza, Veraguas
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised

Brands Related to Best Western Plus Panama Zen Hotel

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article