Glasses received are not suitable for anything

I have ordered very simple bi-focal glasses for reading and for computer use. My doctor said that it is a very standard case: +1.25 for computer use and +2.25 - for reading. I have now each pair of glasses separately (I purchase my glasses in retail stores) and wanted to have a single pair which will combine this simple glasses. The pair I have received doesn't work either for computer (it looks like it has less than +1.25 because I can see exactly the same way I would see without glasses at all) and I can't read in this glasses, either because they are not strong enough. At the same time I wear the same glasses separately and know for sure that it is a straight + glasses. I tried to call the number from the web site 888-485-**** and it simply doesn't connect to anything. Then I tried to chat and they hang up on me when I mentioned that I've got glasses which don't work. I didn't pay much for this glasses, about $50 but even for that much I would like to get something I could use!!! So, I plan to get the frame to the local optical office and get glass installed there. I don't suggest to use this service.
San Francisco, California
Loss

Stay away from Bestpriceglasses.com!!

Everything else besides the price is horrible about this website... The website makes false claims of delivery within a week but takes more like 3 weeks. Not only that, they act surprised if you call them and ask why the glasses were not shipped in the week time frame mentioned on the website. I ordered a frame/glasses for my daughter based on a style/size shown on the website, but they sent me a much larger frame than what I had asked for. When placing the order they make you put in all the details of size, prescription etc but they do not follow through on it. It has been a frustrating experience to say the least. I will stay away from these guys and suggest others to shop around someone else...I guess best price surely does not come with best product or best service..quite the opposite. A frustrating experience for me all in all. I have to now go and shop for a replacement for my daughters prescription glasses.

Hello,

I ordered a paid or tri-focals a few months ago. I had been warned by my doctor at Kaiser Permanente about ordering glasses online or getting them from WalMart. He told me it was very important to get them from a "reliable" source, e.g., Kaiser Optical. I did price them out through Kaiser and they were well over $400. close to $300 even with my measly insurance coverage! So, I started searching online. I came across your website advertising $5.95 frames!

Needless to say, I was skeptical. The glasses with progressive lenses, transition tint, anti-glare/scratch resistant were under $100. I figured if they came and fell apart or I couldn't see out of them I could always return them (money back guarantee), but if they were half-way decent I would save over $200.

They came and couldn't be more perfect. They are quality, comfortable, and the progressive (no lines) are placed PERFECTLY for reading, computer use and distance! I haven't seen this well in 10 years.

SO, I went back online tonight to order a pair of sunglasses with my distance correction only. The reason for this is I can't see very well to putt when I'm golfing trying to look through the bottom of the glasses that are set for reading! HA!

Anyway, because of a computer issue my screen froze when I was just finishing the order and when I got back in and completed my order, my account showed TWO pairs were ordered and paid for. I went to the online chat option. I was answered quickly by "Sam". He took care of my problem immediately. He was friendly (without unnecessary chat), informative, fast, and professional. I continued the conversation asking him a couple of additional questions that he answered completely, without hesitation. I did not have to wait for anything, his answers were clear and concise and very, very quick. Thank you so much, Sam.

I really couldn't be more pleased with ALL of my dealings with your company and honestly can't believe you can put out the quality product you do for so little. I will continue to order from Best Price Glasses in the future and will recommend you to anyone who will listen.

You have my permission to use my name and what I have written here to let other potential customers know how I feel about my dealings with your company.

Sincerely,

Sally Mansur

Strasbourg, Alsace
Loss

Bestpriceglasses.com is the best service provider.

Hi, Bestpriceglasses is the best one in selling glasses and other products. I purchased so many glasses and find no problem them the product. As per my view bestpriceglasses is the best service provider. I purchased the glasses today and deliver today within the expected time and still the customer support is very good. When I deliver the product suddenly ring on cell, u got the product or not. Bestpriceglasses is the best one in their services and hope they will enhance and capture the product very soon. So i want to say to other customer tat they can use the service of bestpriceglasses. Regards Hemant

I want to tell my experience, I ordered from bestpriceglasses.com and first I received the wrong frames and lenses, so they made another pair and the frames were right but the lenses are wrong...i would never buy glasses online again. And also Bestpriceglasses is not responding to me for I have requested some sort of refund because I do not want them to try again making them. Beware if you need progressive lenses do not order from Bestpriceglasses.com

Just wanted to let you guys know that I received my new sunglasses. I'd

been on vacation and they were here when I got home... I'm very

pleased....They are very well put together and I can see great with

them....You know how it is, sometimes when you order on the internet your

not sure the first time what to expect.....

I will use them again and will refer bestpriceglasses.com to others

View more comments (1)

Stay Away from bestpriceglasses.com

Thought I would save some time by buying my glasses online. Decided on a company by the name of bestpriceglasses.com. Waited and waited for my order to come, but it never did. In fact, I am still waiting, and its been over a month later. Spoke to several reps from the company (as I attempted to cancel my order), but they kept on promising me that the glasses would be mailed the next day. Never received an email or call from the company explaining the delay. Caught several reps. in lies as to what could be causing the delay. Worst part was they sent me a bogus email that the glasses had been mailed last week. Still have not arrived. Terrible company...unethical...unprofessional...poor customer service.

My husband is expecting eyeglasses in the mail also but we realize like EVERYONE else on here leaving comments these people are NOT professional ... DO NOT plan on sending the prescription eyeglasses my husband PAID for but TOOK his HARD EARNED MONEY without a second thought because their nothing but a SCAM & LYING THIEFS !!!

They make a living off other people who HARD FOR THEIR MONEY WHILE THEY MAKE FAKE WEBSITE'S AND WE PAY THEIR THEIR BILL'S HOW PATHETIC IS THAT ..... We will NEVER see these eyeglasses and maybe angry about looking money and being scammed but at least I know we live a decent life and can look in the mirror everyday knowing we work for what we have and can hold our heads up high w/ pride ...... That said sorry the rest of you had to get scammed like we did lessened learned I guess ......

WATCH OUT FOR CHEAP WEBSITES THAT SOUND TO GOOD TO BE TRUE ....... IT'S REALLY A JOBLESS LAZY THIEF LOOKING FOR A FREE RIDE UNTIL THE FIRST OF THE MONTH ;)

Worst customer service on line and off the phone. CS is useless. Would not honor a coupon or cancel my order within 24hrs.

My experience with them was ok but until last november i have place my order and now its march still havent recieve them. I am tired of waiting for my new glasses sigh

Already filled up a lost form and have been following it up with sam constantly but lately i notice that their chat is always offline.

I dont want to think that i have been scammed but the more i look for testimonials about them the more i am convince. i have been wearing my broken glasses for 3 months now waiting for my new pair of glasses to arrive.

this is how much i order from them hope they would consider resolving this.

My Order History

Order Cost: $306.45

Hello,

Sincerely,

Sally Mansur

I ordered a pair of glasses from them at their other site Cheapglasses123.com. When they arrived the nose bridge was not even, one side was noticeably higher and it was just thrown on the glasses, worst craftmanship I have ever seen. Anybody that gave half a *** would have noticed and fixed it. The right temple also had scratches on it and the frame was discolored as well, which it was not supposed to be. The prescription which was the same as my other three pairs of glasses, put a strain on my eyes immediately. This is a prescription that I have had for roughly 10 months and my eyes are well use to it.

This company recieved the glasses back 3 weeks ago and still has not refunded me. Also they say unconditionally guaranteed but they will try and rip you off on your lenses by charging restocking fees on the frames or flat out not refunding the lenses even though they are incorrect.

This company is the worst. would never do business with them again.

#320633

Bought a pair of glasses from them, they shipped them to the wrong address. After 3 months of emails back and forth they finally told me basically too bad, my loss, they have a delivery confirmation (at the wrong address) so I'm not going to get the glasses and I lose the money, time and frustration of trying to get them to make good my order. Stay Away!

Cheapglasses123 will not correct their mistake so it looks like I'm stuck with 160.00 in glasses that I can't use.

BUYER BEWARE Schultz Optical has more than one website they operate under bestpriceglasses.com as well as cheapglasses123.com I had almost the same experience with them TERRIBLE customer service 1 month delivery AND the prescription was WRONG! I asked them via their LIVE HELP (Couldn't get them to answer the phone) if I could fax my prescription to them because there was some information about my glasses that there was no place to put the info in on their website and bridget told me just put the info in in the comments section.

I did and the glasses came in WRONG! Then they told me I Had to FAX them my prescription to them so they could verify it Naturally they said I put the prescription in wrong and since they say it was MY error they are going to do Nothing about it. But it's Ok That was my 4th order and they will NEVER get another from me!

PLEASE tell EVERYONE you know about these JERKS! Oh I see the posts prior to this one was 2 years ago so BEWARE the Leopard didn't change it's spots!

Just another perspective, I have purchased 2 pairs in the last 2 months, and it's been a pretty good experience. I see this is the first review in over a year, so maybe there were issues back then? I have no problem recommending this company to friends and coworkers for inexpensive glasses.

Ordered prescription sunglasses on 11/4/09. Twenty days later, I received them. However, the prescription is off and the plastic frames were bent and misshapen.

I brought the glasses to my optometrist to find out what the problem was with the lenses (incorrect axis, even though my order was placed correctly). The optometrist also fixed the frames.

I need to ship these back, but now that they are fixed they will not fit in the case which tells me why they were bent in the first place--the case was too small, so whoever shipped them forced them into a too-small case causing the frames to bend out of shape.

I communicated with Bestpriceeyeglasses this morning and was told someone would get back to me today. No one ever did.

I will call them again tomorrow, and will call them every single day until this gets resolved. And by what I've read here, I'm not very hopeful that it will get resolved to my liking.

View more comments (16)
Birmingham, Alabama

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article