Best Exterminating of Harriman, TN - won't honor guaranteed inspections schedule

Best Exterminating Co. installed a termite bait system at my property on 6/6/16, for which I paid $500 cash up front. There was active infestation/swarming at time of installation. Wayne Best, owner, guaranteed to "do whatever it takes" to completely eliminate infestation. He stated that the regular inspection schedule was 6 mos. apart the first year, then another in 12 mos. Written guarantee also states I'm covered for 2 yrs. In my case, he also offered a special 30-day follow up visit, & to add more stations if necessary. That visit was not observed until 3 months later, and only then because I persistently called until I reached a live person (almost impossible to do, & messages don't get returned). Technician came on 10/27/16 & said my first regular inspection would be end of Dec. 2016. December came & went, no word. Started trying to call again in Feb. 2017... again couldn't reach anyone, and left messages not returned. It's now 5/3/17, and it's been 10 mos. since installation, & 6 mos. since "special" inspection. I still have had neither a regular inspection or a 6 mo. follow up to the "special" inspection. I messaged the co. on FB on 4/10/17 & finally received a call for an appt., scheduled for 4/13/17 at 9 am. Very inconvenient time for me, but I was there on time, & worked at property all day. No show, no call, still no call or message. Inquired on FB that night as to what happened, no response (although FB showed the message was seen at 8:20 next morn). Called BBB on 4/25/17 & asked for help. Advised to try email & if no luck, file complaint. Sent last ditch, courteous email that day; still no response. I give up. I am completely exhausted & indescribably frustrated from trying to get Best Exterminating to simply DO THEIR JOB AS THEY DESCRIBED IT TO ME. "Best Exterminating"?? - what a JOKE of a name. Not only will I not recommend them EVER - I will warn everyone I meet to STAY AWAY.

Update June 3, 2017: no contact from the Best Exterminating at all, and I have just received notice from the BBB that after several attempts to contact the company, they have received no response, and that this will be noted in the public BBB report. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!

ID
Service
Best Exterminating Of Harriman Termite Pest Control
Pros
  • Owning my own bait system with no contract
Cons
  • Impossible to contact and will not honor guaranteed monitoring
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised
Loss
Preferred solution
Price reduction

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article