Purchase of car not price I agreed too

Update by user Apr 07, 2021

I have not heard anything from Best Chevrolet. I did write on my paper “tag” about the bad deal I received.

I’ve received numerous comments from people who have had equally bad or worse experience with this dealership. Someone at the dealership stole my credit card information and attempted a purchase in excess of $100. I know it was someone at the dealership because although my name is on the card it is my Dads card. I NEVER use my Dads card.

I had to give it to dealership to get my GM points. So in addition to giving me a horrible deal and experience they continue to cause me grief because they stole my credit card information.

Luckily for me GM flagged it because they never see charges on that card in Louisiana. I don’t think I’ve ever had such a bad experience.

Update by user Mar 07, 2021

I went to Best Chevrolet Used car lot and surprise surprise there is MY 2014 Camaro priced at $12,991. I verified VIN.

I’ve attached pictures.

Now please tell me who lied!! I’m a good Christian woman and don’t take lightly to being accused of lying.

Original review posted by user Mar 07, 2021
On February 27, 2021, I took a ride to Best Chevrolet in Kenner Louisiana, (approximately 50 miles each way) at the request of a salesman Donovan (unsure of spelling). The reason he gave for me coming in on Saturday was the last day of the month. I had wanted to wait until the following week. So I told my daughter I was going to go talk to him and go see some friends, but would most probably return in my 2014 Red Camaro. The salesman had insisted he had what I wanted in a car. I was actually just curious because I was happy with my car. Other family members thought I needed a new car. As it turns out this particular salesman was busy, so I was referred to Hunter. They did not have a car that meet my specifications, which was manual transmission and any color other than white or gray/silver. Hunter insisted I walk around the lot and look at the other Camaro, which I did, although I was in pain. I'm retired disability because of my back. There was a black one that meet my specifications except for it being automatic. Initially I said no way. Hunter said if I can get it at the price you want will you buy it? I said sure $35,000 out the door. After some back and forth Hunter came back with a price of $35,067 including spare tire and zero down. I went over to financing where I signed a number of documents one including GAP insurance that I didn't want, and then I was asked for $1,000 check. I wrote the check without question (which was a mistake on my part) thinking they were going to give it back, part of the deal. Furthermore, I've seen some crazy deals during my time. The original salesman Donovan called I believe on March 2, 2021, and I informed him I was not happy with the deal. I asked if I could come down on Saturday to discuss the problems. I was told ok. Furthermore, I spoke to Manager Mike on Thursday and again expressed my concerns and informed him I'd be there Saturday, March 6, 2021. Upon my arrival I was escorted into Hunter's office after getting the issue of GAP insurance resolved. Only problem now was $1,000 check. After being called a liar by both Manager and salesman, who said I agreed to pay $1,000 down I requested my 2014 Camaro back. To which I was told it had been "scrapped". I requested proof to which I was told no, so I left. I would NEVER have agreed to put anything down as I stated before I'm on disability and that $1,000 was to get my teeth fixed.

User's recommendation: Purchase vehicle ANYWHERE but Best Chevrolet. I've been happy with purchases from Graves Chevrolet, Rainbow Chevrolet and Supreme. Had I been serious I would have went to one of them. But the offer of $35067 out the door was acceptable price.

ID
Loss
Preferred solution
Cancel deal return my 2014 Camaro. If not possible refund my $1,000 so that I paid $35,067 out the door as I agreed. I was honest & told them I didn't know exact pay off of my car. My best guess was $9,700. March 1, 2021 I learned payoff was $10820.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article