Product not as described Horrible Customer Service

I ordered an expandable drawer organizer based on the dimensions given and the size I needed for my drawer. I received the item as numbered by the manufacturer, but the dimensions stated in their website description were false, the item was much smaller and the divided compartments were way too small to be useful. I paid for the item with an AARP credit card, and they are also awful to deal with this dispute, wanting a ridiculous amount of information for a $26 purchase. I immediately called the BergHOFF customer service and the phone just rings and no one ever answers. I sent two emails asking to return the item. I received no response. I finally disputed this charge with my credit card company and sent BERGHOFF an email to let them know. They finally responded with one sentence, you can return your item to this address. Hidden in their online. return policy is that the item must be unopened and in original packaging, which it is. and they will charge a 25% restocking fee. I have to pay for shipping on a 4-pound item, which I understood was free shipping when I ordered it online. The product was not as described and deceptively small, and not worth the price. The company has nonexistent customer service and does not care about selling you something they described falsely. Stay away at all costs.

User's recommendation: Avoid this company at all costs. Deceptive free shipping and product discouonts on items that are not what they claim to be. No customer service at all, returns are 25% rlestocking fee and at your own expense, even if they are wrong.

ID
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article