Radio no good $300 credit won't pay $50 balance

My experience was I bought a radio for my '93 500SEL Mercedes from Benson's. The code didn't work. I went back, the employee couldn't get it out so he gave me another radio. The code on it didn't work either. I went back, gave them the radios & received a credit for the $300. I made a purchase & have a $50 credit. I have been back 3 or more times requesting a variety of parts, but each time Benson's said they didn't have them. They referred me to other places, but said I wouldn't get my $50 credit. I recently had a male friend call & ask for a part for a different year and model Mercedes but Bensons said they didn't have it either. They have had my $50 for over a year. On one occasion I asked them for an instrument cluster. They referred me to a shop, but the cluster was cracked & again I wouldn't get my $50. I wrote them twice and filed a complaint with the Bureau of Automotive repair because their employee told me he wasn't supposed to work on my car when he tried unsuccessfully to remove the radio from my car. I am a female senior citizen and I am still wanting for my $50 credit.Benson's could buy any part I requested wholesale and sell it to me retail. It seems obvious to me they do not intend to refund my money.
ID
Los Angeles, California
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article