Plumber tried to scam me into buying a new water heater when it just needed a minor repair!

My temperature contol panel was not working on my Rinnai water heater. I called the nearest Rinnai dealer which was Benjamin Franklin Plumbing Co. The supervisor came out to my house and looked at the panel that was located inside the house and noted that there was no power to the panel.No lights were lit up.We then went outside to the main unit.He checked the TP valve and there was no water coming out. He immedialtely stated that my unit had died and needed to be replaced.He quoted me a price of $3400.00 to replace my 8.5 Rinnai with a 9.8.He stated that my unit had died because it had sedament build up.He only brought a screw driver and wrench with him and did not look at anything else on the unit besides the TP valve. He said that I need a water filteration system on my well to make sure the new one doesn't get clogged also.He then said he was going to give me a great deal to install both items for only $5,0000.00. Thank goodness I was smart enough to get a second opinion. The second plumber that I called to come look at it said right off that the panel was out because it wasn't getting any electricity. He then went outside to the main unit and noticed that the Benjamin Franklin Plumber had turned the water valve off on the unit. He wanted to make sure no water came out of the unit.He then did a test on the electric wire going to the panel inside it was infact dead. So instead of needing to replace my whole unit I ended up only needing to replace one temperature control panel which was under warranty. The Benjamin Plumber had adviced me that my unit was not under warranty.The Bejamin Franklin Plumber supervisor that came to my house was not only unprofessional but he literally tried to scam me out of $5,000.00. BEWARE!!!!!
ID
Caledonia, Michigan

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article