Belmont Brokerage just wants the $$$

It was truly a black day when the license was issued to this monstrosity of a company. I rented an apartment from them. There was no phone service available due to an almost Abbott & Costello routine or Catch-22 of dealing with the issue: "There is no phone service." "You need to check the jack." "I did. That's why I want Belmont to look at it also." "You need to put in a work order." "But this should have been ready to go when I moved in." 1st work order submitted. A week goes by and still no phone. "How come Belmont hasn't been out?" "We can't get into the building. We don't have a key." "You own the building. You should be able to get in. Look, just check the jack." "You need to call Verizon." A call to Verizon. They do a line check. Everything fine on their end. "I called Verizon. Everything is fine. They said the jack needs to be looked at." "You need to put in a work order." "I did that over a week ago." "Yeah, but maintenance was out and they couldn't get in. You need to submit another." 2nd work order submitted. A week later... "Why isn't my phone service working yet?" "We haven't been able to get someone out there." "Yeah, obviously. But I've been here two weeks already and no phone. This is relatively simple. What's the problem?" Back and forth. I have gone a month with no phone until one day Verizon does a diagnostics and corrects it. The attitude of Belmont is almost like a befuddled shrug of the shoulders. Awful awful people. Then the capper. Due to financial hardship, I was late with a rent check. The first time late in eight months of renting. They would not accept the check even with the late fee added on. When I called to explain the situation, they were rude and hung up mid-sentence. "We no longer have your file so we cannot accept any payment." What does that mean? "We sent your file to the law firm for litigation. Long story short, they went into litigation and I ended up losing the place. I beseech you, if you're looking to live in southern california, DO NOT deal with this organization. Go with a broker who actually is willing to listen to you (a tall order to be sure, but its the way to go) and work with you. The name again of this plague is Belmont Brokerage and they are situated in Long Beach. Run for the hills!

I know exactly what you are talking about and I dont even live there. Long story short the attitude is what makes that place bleech.

But they have hit a hard stop with me. Taking this all the way to court!

ID
#121994 Review #121994 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Los Angeles, California
Loss
$1919

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article