Beware of lighting products

I spent months looking in local lighting stores for quality lighting products, with no success. Looking at the Bellasoleil website, that describes quality, Italian imports, I assumed the lighting was included, or at least a close replica. When they say the lighting is imported, they mean from China, complete with poorly manufactured defects. The two lights I purchased are made from low quality materials and have "dings" in the metal. There is nothing handmade about the chandelier and wall light I purchased. I spent a lot more money on a lower quality product than I could have purchased at Home Depot. Beware of the Bella Soleil lighting products.
ID
Reason of review
Bad quality
Loss
Preferred solution
I would like to return the product, but have lost some of the packaging materials it was shipped in.

$132 to return a $225 item!

I ordered a pot rack from Bella Soleil for $224.97, which included free shipping. I need to return it because it's too big for my kitchen. I learned today that the least expensive shipping option is still going to cost $132.29, due to the overly large size of the box. I knew that I would be responsible for return shipping, however I was not informed in any way that the shipping costs would be so high. Surely, the company knew this in advance; they've been in business since 1996. To make matters worse, BS does't even accept returns; they have to go back to the manufacturer, who then imposes a 15% restocking fee as well as a deduction of "outbound shipping and processing costs," whatever that means. The amount of that is anybody's guess. I spoke to someone in BS's customer service department who was clueless about shipping costs/options/issues and was unable to transfer me to their shipping dept. The only contact number for BS is the customer service number, so there was no one else to call. I have never encountered an online retailer who doesn't stand behind their products and deal with returns themselves. This is a completely unacceptable and deceptive way to do business, and I feel like I'm really being ripped off. I am willing to pay to return something, but not to the tune of $132 for a $225 item.
ID
Nevada, United States
Pros
  • Products
Cons
  • Unsatisfactory return policy
Reason of review
deceptive business practice and lack of information provided up front to customer should an item need to be returned.
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund with no deductions for restocking or outbound shipping/processing; also a prepaid shipping label to return the item.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article