Jessica M Cjd

| map-marker Converse, Texas

Design Flaw not mentioned

*****DON'T DO IT!!! We purchased the Woodland model with the optional 5th room / 3rd bath. It's been a nightmare from day one of signing. Closing date was scheduled for 8/23/22 however, we weren't able to move in until Labor Day weekend, because there were some final touch **** Once we moved in we had so many issues, but the main issue was the design flaw and loud water running through the walls. [The Design Flaw]During selection, you would think if there were any design flaws/concerns the builder and seller would have mentioned it, making it our choice to deal with the design flaws. Nope, not one mention of any design flaw. The ***** the way the pipes run through the home, it only drains at one point in the house - Master Bed! And since Bella Vista doesn't insulate the interior walls, we are left having to hear this noise every time our boys are showering or using the toilet; you can hear (quite loudly, I might add) the water go through the walls/ceiling down to the main drain. The same is true (even LOUDER) for when the toilet is flushed. When you go upstairs, into the rooms next to the restroom at the end of the hall, you can hear through the walls, very loudly and abruptly, the water being run. We have had a difficult time getting Bella Vista to fix the plumbing noise you can hear. Each person we come in contact with [construction manager, area construction manager, sales **** ***** department, and each subcontractor of the house], we end up playing a game of pass the blame and nothing gets done. The ridiculous amount of calls/texts are absurd and should not be if leadership stepped up, took Extreme Ownership, and squared away issues that are clearly a flaw. Fast-forward to today, now we have to sign a letter of acknowledgement stating that we are aware that the issue will be fixed, but there's no guarantee that the noise would go away. Now in what world would this be ok?

Preferred solution: Just fix the issues.

User's recommendation: Walk away, save yourself the headaches.

billy Yad

Poor service

Kevin Torres is a bonafide SLUMLORD who thinks he can violate tenant laws at will.

He has taken away amenities in the middle of the lease like a package room and changed parking rules. No guest parking.

He is unprofessional and instead of resolving issues he starts to argue.

I have no cold running water during the day and this guy has done nothing to resolve this but I am still paying high rent.

Maintenance requests have to be followed up on numerous times. Poor communication from leasing staff and they never get back to you regarding issues. Should anything actually break in your unit good luck with them since they don't seem to care about being sued or the law.

Most recently I had an illegal unit entry. Kevin's response was that it was an honest mistake that he shouldn't have to compensate me for.

What he calls an innocent mistake is sending an exterminator to the wrong until about to perform a service I didn't request. Had I not come home when I did I could have been poisoned.

This is supposed to be an amenity building?

Management is running it into the ground. Had I known the incompetence level I would have never moved in, Horrible service run by a crazy maker.

Pros:
  • Great location and actual apartment and pool when clean
Cons:
  • Do not fulfill maintenance requests in a timely manner
  • Horrible management
  • Incompetence

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: look elsewhere

Mechelle K

Verified Reviewer

Encourage sales people to lie

We were told of a real estate company that would buy our home from us prior to closing if we were unable to sell it, so we didn't have to sign a contingency agreement. In exchange that real estate company would be listed as our representative on the new build and we would receive a rebate at closing. This however was false and because of the dishonesty we lost $10,000. Bella Vista doesn't allow agents to be added to the account if you show up unrepresented. We were promised other things that were not delivered we had a total of 3 constructions managers while our house was built all promising things that didn't not happen. I've reached 3 times for items that need to repaired and no one has returned my call. They will take your money but not provide a completed/repaired home and customer service just says we are sorry and doesn't try to make things right. The real estate agency that was representing us offered to give us half of the rebate anyways, Bella Vista offered nothing. n.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Location
Cons:
  • Inconsistant staff
  • Design flaws cabinet wont open
  • Wasted space in pantry master toilet area

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

User's recommendation: DO NOT BUY FROM Bella Vista

Delia R Dxv
map-marker San Antonio, Texas

Warranty and the construction supervisors

First on moving date had the 2nd walk through and got promise the issues would be repair from the a long and around house an open crack where water running through yard going from back to front all I hear now that is normal and it is not .Every time neighbors sprinklers are on it form a river all the way around the home. ALL I hear is it's normal and it is not! It get worse as water run from rain and neighbors watering drag the soil is drag out to the street. next is the puddy they put on ceiling looking like chewing gum. other is the insulation blowing leaving empty spaces through the attic but like always its normal per that new person Josh. All I hear is from them that they have been in construction for years I doubt they ever work building a home. They are just train to see that the workers are working basically from what I seen when I observe as they are building the homes down the road. So, I doubt they ever have help or learn from the people that build from the ground up! I do hope the president of this Bella Vista homes comes out and talk to the home owners to hear what this so call supervisors tells us and our warrantee is useless. However, I would show the pictures to the president and see for himself.
Loss:

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Do Not buy a home from Bella Vista they do not grant warrantee on their homes

Cynthia C Goa
map-marker San Antonio Northeast, Texas

Repairs after closing..

I moved in my home on Jan 25 2019 in North East Crossing after closing i found some things that needs to be repaired its been almost 7 months i have been trying to get this taken care ... A response would be greatly appreciated Im very dissapointed ..
Reason of review:
Taking care of repairs
map-marker Dorado, Dorado

Rude nasty management

My daughter and my six month year old grand son went to the pool with my pass key. Darian one of the resident held a gudge against me since the day I moved in, only because he was rude to me I let him know right away that he will not talk to me in that manner. He purposely rented me unclean apartment mold mildew bugs dirty filthy blinds. Told me The original apartment that I looked at was no longer available. During this time I had to take what I could get. Me and my disabled son needed a place to stay as soon as possible. My son and I had just moved from New where my son had an aneurysm and he stayed in the hospital for 9 months so I had to find a place for me and my son and I was stuck with Bella Vista. Later on my daughter and my grandson went to the pool the same resident manager Dorian pointed a gun in my daughter and 6-month grandson face. My daughter and grandson went to the pool with my keypad Dorian said that they couldn't go into the pool because he never saw them before. He went into the rent office got a gun from the security guard and pointed into my daughter's face and my 6 month old year grandson. My daughter hysterically call me I ran up to the rent office call the police and he was arrested and fired. I have never met such rude and unprofessional people in my life. I caught one of the resident managers in my apartment.
map-marker San Antonio, Texas

Bella Vista Homes - Home Building Review from San Antonio, Texas

After 16 months of waiting for our home to built. Excuse after excuse. They Vice president calls and tell us. In their best interest, we're ending our contract with you. And there's nothing you can do about. I was devastated; crying and asking him why after all this time is he doing this to us. He stated, you didn't seem happy. Well, I am upset that for over 1 year we waited. And the foundation is not even poured. But you built over 14 plus other homes. Just not ours, why? He had No Answer. But stated...the cost of your house went up around $25k. I said, that's not my fault. If you would have built my home 9 months ago...He said, well. I am going to build that house, just not for you. I had to hang up....as my heart was broken! This company has cause my family and I major devastation...
Reason of review:
Order processing issue
Guest

I'm not sure if this is the same 'Bella Vista Homes' that you're talking about, but the Bella Vista Homes here in Tauranga, New Zealand, who are currently building at The Lakes in Pyes Pa at the moment, are also a horrible building company to deal with. Their subcontractors are really good, but the main guy, Daniel Cancian (also known as Danny) seems to always threaten his customers by stopping works on your build if you so much as dare to question how he arrives with the costings of things or the legality of certain aspects of your property. He also killed a man, and the media made it out to be like he was an innocent victim in the whole saga, but after dealing with him, all I'm saying is there are definitely 2 sides to that story!

Either way, whichever Bella Vista Homes you're talking about, the similarities between yours and mine are quite scary!

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article