NIGHTMARE - Before and After Interiors

I am yet another victim of these clowns. Wish I had read this prior to getting involved. Wish I had done more research before dealing with them (Tony). I have now found they have a D - rating with the Better Business Bureau. He has taken my money and wrecked my home and now he won't answer phone calls or respond to any text or email messages. He has left my kitchen in shambles. Maybe it is a good thing he did disappear before he did anymore anymore damage than he has thus far. I want my money back and the money it's going to take to repair the damage he did to my home and new cabinets. DO NOT DEAL with these clowns! When I saw the name Tony in the prior post, I knew exactly which clown from that circus you were speaking of. He installed unlevel floors and thank God I didn't give him anymore money as he was trying to get out of me but the monies he did get doesn't in any way shape or form constitute the messed up work and condition he has left my home in. DO NOT CALL Before and After Interiors!!! You are better off with what you have Before dealing with them because After they finish you will need to spend that much more money to get your Interiors corrected and done properly. If you do for some crazy reason decide to give these HIC Imposters a try, do not allow them to bully you into giving them any money until the job is complete and do not give them a large deposit. Just do yourself a favor and DON'T GIVE THEM YOUR BUSINESS! I wouldn't let them build my dog a house.

I was the one who gave Tony his D- from the BBB (if he's reading this, you're welcome, ***!). Same thing happened to us; he did shoddy work (for 6 months) then disappeared.

We then had to jump through hoops to get the remaining funds from our 203k loan to hire a RELIABLE contractor, who finished the work perfectly. They are not worth the time, money, and heartache that they take.

ID
New Jersey, United States
Cons
  • Shoddy work
  • Unprofessional dishonesty greedy
  • Unreliable
Reason of review
Damaged or defective
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Construction Clowns: Before and After Interiors Douglassvile PA

I hired Before and After Interiors to do some general contracting work at my home because they indicated they were 203k certified. They must have copied their certification off of the back of a bubble gum wrapper because almost EVERYTHING they did has to be done again. Kitchen: I am now in the process of redoing my kitchen floor because they did not lay it properly so the tiles rock back and forth when stepped on and it needs new grout because of course they didn't do that right either. Try coming home to your kitchen floor covered in vegetable oil because they wanted the floor to shine for his portfolio pictures. Never heard of wax??? Yes, they really did that - not joking ! Outside: The fence on my second floor balcony is uneven and so unstable that I was afraid it would blow down the street with the last storm we had. Porch painting was special. I guess they never heard of scraping before painting so will be doing that over unless I like looking at old peeling paint pieces covered with new paint. Bathroom: The bathroom tile "glazing" is a JOKE. Everyday another section peels off. Oh yeah he will argue I gave her a refund, but the couple hundred $$ I had to argue, threaten to file a lawsuit for and practically peel out his hand will NOT cover the expense of removing and replacing all of the wall, shower and tub tiles in the bathroom. Nor the fact that they tried to be slick and thought we wouldn't realize they never removed the old floor tiles but instead covered them up with the new tiles. Oh did i mention the fact that they sprayed glaze all over the new floor tiles and then damaged the sealant on the tiles trying to get it off so they now have to be replaced too after I grout them again because just like the kitchen horrible job here too. General Ethics: What should have been completed in just a few weeks took months. One guy a 1-2 hrs 2 days a week was insane. If you didn't think that was enough.. try workers rummaging through my cabinets for who knows what and attempting to borrow gas money from my neighbors. Needless to say, I'm so done with them. If you want the circus to come to town . Call Tony, I'm sure he's available.

We are currently having "work" "done" by Tony also. He sucks.

Does not answer or respond to messages, has done shoddy work and also fails to show up. He has taken almost 6 months to redo our kitchen and rewire and drywall our house. And "teejay", if you can't tell, is Tony himself. He was in jail for 2 weeks in which no work was done to our house.

Because he is such a *** we are living in a home without a kitchen. I wouldn't recommend him to my worst enemy.

My experience was not the same as the author of this original posting, however, it was equally as bad. The lack of professionalism demonstrated by Tony James, his ethical lapses, and the questionable craftsmanship all add up to a very negative experience.

There are portions of my job that had to be redone as well and there were mistakes in just about every phase of the work.

Before & After Interiors has done my basement with quality, class and has guided me every step of the way. I will only hire them with furture remodeling projects. However wrote a negative comment about this company must of been trying to get over and add additional items without paying for them!!.

View more comments (2)
ID
Reading, Pennsylvania

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article