Awful customer service at Bedazzled Bridal

I am getting married in August and am on the search for a Mother of the Bride dress. I had looked around at department stores and a local wedding store when I finally decided I would try a larger chain store. I decided to go to Bedazzled Bridal in Gastonia, NC since I got my wedding dress at the Hickory, NC Bedazzled location. I also looked on the website ahead of time and they had traditional Mother of the Bride dresses on their website by various different designers. I called ahead of time and asked if they had any time open for me to come in and look at Mother of the Bride dresses and they confirmed that they had plenty of time and to come on in. I arrived about 30 minutes later, like I told them I would. When I walked into the store with my mother and one of my bridesmaids we were ignored for about 5 minutes and finally someone asked us what we needed. I told them I needed to look at Mother of the Bride dresses and that I had called earlier. They all seemed confused and like they had no idea what I was talking about. I then told them I had spoken to Cynthia and she said to come on in. They then told me to hang on and we waited for 10 minutes until some waited on us, who was not Cynthia. The woman who "helped" us took us to a rack and said "This is all we have. Feel free to look". The lady didn't have me fill out any paperwork, like I did for my wedding dress even when I was just looking, and she didn't ask me anything that would have helped me with picking out a dress - example: wedding colors, indoor/outdoor wedding, fabric type, design/style, etc. I finally told her that my wedding colors were orange and eggplant purple but I wanted her to wear a purple dress not an orange dress. I then asked her if I should have my mother in the exact same shade as my bridesmaids (the eggplant purple) or if I should have her in a lighter shade, and the consultant shrugged her shoulders and was like "Well I don't know, it's up to you". The rack of dresses that she showed me weren't Mother of the Bride dresses they were bridesmaids dresses and there was not a large selection to choose from. And every time I would pick up a dress and ask her if we could order it in another color she would say "No, it only comes in the colors we have there". Why didn't she just tell me that to begin with? I then asked her about the traditional Mother of the Bride dresses I saw online and she didn't know what I was talking about so had to go ask the manager. When she returned her answer was "We don't have everything that is on our website". Needless to say we walked out empty handed and frustrated.
ID
Banner Elk, North Carolina

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article