Poor Mechanics and poor customer service

I towed my BMW to Beckley Automotive in Des Moines, Iowa early on a Friday morning because it would not start or turn over. I called Monday afternoon to see if they had begun work on my car. The man on the phone admitted to me that they had no idea what was wrong with it, but that Todd, my contact person (who also admitted to me he didn't know the first thing about cars, but tried to teach me about them), would get back to me right away. He didn't and I had to call again before they closed for the day. Finally, on Tuesday I was able to pick up my car. It wasn't five minutes down the road when it suddenly died and would not turn over again. It was the same problem, as if nothing had happened, except I was out of money I didn't have. I had to have my car towed in rush hour traffic. I called and asked for them to either fix my car correctly free of cost or refund me my money. I was and denied both laughed at on the phone. Do not trust these people just because they are one of the only import auto shops in Des Moines. Go to the dealership instead.
#201010

UPDATE: This morning I received a very pleasent call from Beckley Automotive informing me that I would, in fact, receive a full refund. I was treated very well on the phone and when I went in to pick up my check.

Now, the only money I have lost is the 80 dollars it took to tow my car two times.

Apparently, this cite works. :-)

ID
#202680 Review #202680 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Des Moines, Iowa

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article