Poor Mechanics and poor customer service

I towed my BMW to Beckley Automotive in Des Moines, Iowa early on a Friday morning because it would not start or turn over. I called Monday afternoon to see if they had begun work on my car. The man on the phone admitted to me that they had no idea what was wrong with it, but that Todd, my contact person (who also admitted to me he didn't know the first thing about cars, but tried to teach me about them), would get back to me right away. He didn't and I had to call again before they closed for the day. Finally, on Tuesday I was able to pick up my car. It wasn't five minutes down the road when it suddenly died and would not turn over again. It was the same problem, as if nothing had happened, except I was out of money I didn't have. I had to have my car towed in rush hour traffic. I called and asked for them to either fix my car correctly free of cost or refund me my money. I was and denied both laughed at on the phone. Do not trust these people just because they are one of the only import auto shops in Des Moines. Go to the dealership instead.
#201010

UPDATE: This morning I received a very pleasent call from Beckley Automotive informing me that I would, in fact, receive a full refund. I was treated very well on the phone and when I went in to pick up my check.

Now, the only money I have lost is the 80 dollars it took to tow my car two times.

Apparently, this cite works. :-)

ID
#202680 Review #202680 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Des Moines, Iowa

About

Beckley Automotive Warranty
It also scans The Customer's car's computers for any pending problems. Manufacturers commonly recommend this at 30,000 mile intervals. Here the idea is to prepare The User's car to operate reliably until the next service without breakdown or performance problems. An inspection worksheet, specific to The Client's make of car, is followed by the technician. Any needs are noted as "suggested" or "required". Company's job as automotive professionals is to provide The User of Website with all the accurate information The Client of Beckley Automotive need to make an informed decision about The Client's repair options. beckleyauto.com will always provide the time necessary to explain all The Customer's options and answer any questions The User of company services have regarding the safe repair and maintenance of The User's car. And he's right, sort of…In the last few years, with cleaner engines and better lubricants, manufacturers have been extending service intervals so not much is required during the warranty period.
To read more: http://beckleyauto.com/services/factory-scheduled-maintenance-for-european-cars/
Summary

Beckley Automotive has helped car owners with their auto repair needs for thirty years, providing high quality services in central area of Iowa. It solves all kinds of problems, from regular oil change to major repairs, including check engine lights, cooling system service, battery and charging system, tires and wheel alignment, exhaust and emission system, brakes and anti-lock systems, heating, air conditioning and more.
The company works with domestic and imported cars by all manufacturers. Beckley Automotive’s repairs approach to factory level and even exceed dealer’s requirements in many cases. All customers can enjoy such benefits as one year warranty for parts and labor, prompt service without long waiting for appointments and reasonable, competitive pricing.

Beckley Automotive reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article