Sick and Dying kittens

Update by user Jan 31, 2015

So now one of the kittens has died from fip which means that the fever my long time companion cat started with shortly after bring the sick Devon kittens home could mean he is a fip carrier which means my Sphynx and Singapura kittens can now be infected. HOW CAN PEOPLE DO THIS ?

The buyer of the kitten that died from fip contacted the breeder to tell her they were infected with it BEFORE I picked them up which means she knew exactly what she was doing.

This is an absolute nightmare and I hope these posts prevent anyone else from having to go through this. These people belong in ***.

Original review posted by user Jan 23, 2015
I purchased two Devon Rex kittens from E & K Katz aka Beautymus Cattery aka Kurly Katz that were extremely undernourished and sick. I posted my experience and many many other kitten buyers contacted me with their own stories of heartbreak with dead kittens from this cattery. They keep changing their name so be aware. One of my kittens had to be euthanized yesterday due to dry fip. The other kitten was sired by an FIP infected father, which the breeder knew but said nothing after one of his littermates died. This cattery is producing sick and dying kittens. Please help put a stop to this

I recently adopted a Singapura cat from Elizabeth Bolen of Curly Katz Cattery. Not only does she raise a family and kittens and works another job, she always found the time to update me daily by photos, video and conversation about my kitten.

She is thoughtful with integrity and I would highly recommend her to everybody. Karen Palm Beach Gardens

I have cats and before I ever introduce a new cat into the home they always go to the vet for that and other blood tests.A few hundred dollars is worth it to me for the health of my other cats.I would never buy a cat that has to be shipped because that is so hard on the cat it boarders on animal cruelty.Airlines put the cats in the cargo hold of the plane and many of them arrive to their destination dead.The best place to get a cat is a rescue or shelter that has them fully vetted first.

@PissedConsumer946092

Well, first of all I flew across the country and personally picked them up and kept them in the cabin with me the entire time so the kittens were never in any kind of danger. Secondly, of course the kittens went for exams.

They were classified as severely malnourished and under weight. Thirdly, there is NO TEST for FIP.

I have worked with animals my whole life, including running a cat rescue. I am no fool

@PissedConsumer946263

I am with you. I purchased a kitten from Elizabeth Bolen.

He had a bad eye from feline herpes (untreated) permanent damage. Upper reaspiratory infection,ear infection,gingivitis,coronavirus, 2 parasites. I have had him for a year and a half. Still sick and lethargic.

He has been on meds for most of the time I have had hime. The breeder has been useless to say the least.

Vet bills over $3000.00. Not to mention my baby is still sick!

I would like to respond to the negative comments regarding Mrs. Bolen as I had entirely the opposite experience.

My wife and I purchased a Devon Rex kitten for our young children as a Xmas present. We visited the cattery several weeks before and hand-picked our kitten. The cattery was extremely clean, meticulously maintained and I saw no sick or malnourished animals. The vet tells us our kitty is extremely healthy.

She is thriving and has been a great addition to our family.

I would not hesitate to deal with Elizabeth again and would absolutely recommend her to a friend.

@PissedConsumer945982

I strongly suggest that you keep a close eye on your new kitten. Sadly there is often no way to know if your kitten is carrying dry FIP until it's done so much damage which was the case with our kitten who died.

They were on treatment for Herpes and had improved. Though the other kitten was by far the biggest and strongest, he was sired by the male with FIP yet the littlest one had gained weight and appeared to be doing well. Out of nowhere he had seizures and was paralyzed on half his body.

I wish you good luck on your kitten, sad to lose a much loved pet. It can takes months or years to show up

View more comments (5)
ID
Siler City, North Carolina
Cons
  • Sick and dying kittens
  • Lies
Reason of review
Bad quality
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

SICK AND DYING KITTENS

I purchased two Devon Rex kittens from Elizabeth Bolen of E & K Katz. Both are extremely sick, the buyer of a littermate to one of mine contacted me through Facebook. Her kitten was sick the day she got it and it died from FIP within a few days. I researched this cattery and it previously ran under the name Beautymus Cattery with Karen Hill as the owner and they have been selling sick and dying kittens for years. Karen transferred everything into Elizabeth's name but it's still the same cats, etc . These breeders need to be held accountable and stopped
ID

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article