Junior Reviewer

I Trusted Him! Had an Infection He Did Not Diagnose Properly.

Update by user Jul 22, 2016

He never called, never apologized. I will leave this review up!

I have recovered from my infection with the new dentist's treatment. And swift action!

No more delays, it is IMPORTANT when someone can validate a patient.

SHAME ON CALIXTO.

Original review posted by user May 23, 2016
If he can own what he did to me and apologize, I will mark this review as resolved. If not, I will leave it up. The public deserves to know. Anyway... I went to have my tooth pulled Friday, May 6, 2016. I compliment his speedy, immediate response to my need to have it pulled, as it was a problem tooth. I also compliment his being able to make the anesthetic shots painless. Everything was fine---until last week. Last week, Monday, May 16, I went in because of increased pain. He said there was "no infection", "no dry socket", and he packed it. It did not feel any better, when I went in Wednesday, May 18. He packed it again. I had noticed a pus-y discharged pimple on my inner gum of the socket and told him. He said, "No pus", and rolled his eyes at me. "Just the bone jutting out." I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt; I am not a dentist. Well, things did not improve. I went in Friday, May 20. He said the same thing: "No pus, no infection." He never checked on an x-ray, either. I spent the whole weekend in pain, worrying about it. I went in somewhere else today for a second opinion and she said, "You have an infection." and put me on antibiotics. I will not go back or take down this review unless he is sorry about not listening to me. I was miserable and scared and he acted like I was just acting crazy. Pain is real, infections are real. patients are real. I feel very very sad right now. I trusted him. How can we heal unless we can trust our dentists?!
ID
San Diego, California
Service
Beautiful Smile Dentistry Tooth Extraction
Pros
  • Speed of appointments
  • Sympathetic x-ray technician
  • Painless injections
Cons
  • Being treated like my problem is not real
  • Having my health delayed and disrupted for another week
  • Not being taken seriously
Reason of review
I don't appreciate not being taken seriously!
Preferred solution
An apology.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article