Beacon Security refuses to repair my home security system.

My home was already wired for home security when I contacted Beacon. It was advertised as a company but I later came to the conclusion that this is a one person operation, by the number of excuses I have heard from this man. My system began to malfunction during the summer months but really became noticeable in September. I began to have difficulty disarming the system upon returning home. By October I was really having trouble. The alarm refused to shut off. I contacted Mr Kerry Amos, owner on a Monday to report the need for repair. He said he was busy and would call me back later that evening. I waited until Wednesday evening and still no return call. I called him again. He said he was in another part of the state installing alarms and didn't know when he could get to me. I told him to cancel the remaining 3 months on the contract if he could not come and we would cal it even. He said no that I was going to pay him for the remaining months because he had no obligation to repair the keypad. He said read your contract. You only have a 90 day warranty and its been almost 3 yrs, He became argumentative and even laughed at me when I said I paid for a working system, not a wall decoration. Several weeks later, I received a call from the central monitoring station stating that there was a trouble signal on my alarm and that they had contacted the owner to fix it. I told them that I had already informed him that it was not working and that he refused to repair the key pad or replace it. I sent him a note in writing on the monthly bill that he sent me. Again requesting service. Still have not heard from the man. He spends all his time installing new systems across the state. He always says his other worker is ill. I don't trust this man because once when I called him to update my new phone numbers he inquired about where my husband was. He also inquired about my husband when he installed the system. The system is cheap. The yard sign faded years ago. there is no customer service. This is a one man show. I wish I had known. Save yourself the headache and look elsewhere for a professional system. Saving a few pennies each month is not worth the headache. I cannot use my system now. The company is Beacon Security Systems in Chesapeake Va. It is now December and still no attempt has been made to fix my system.
ID

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article