Stay away from Beach Buddies and Dr Hamilton

This is my experience: I was at Mr Hamilton's office 3 times. We moved to this area recently, we were looking for a local vet, and someone recommended Beach Buddies. I went to Beach Buddies for Dr Hamilton to perform an ultrasound and X-rays of my dog, because she has digestive issues. He said he saw on the X Rays that her liver was enlarged and the stomach walls were thick. I took pictures of the X rays when he showed me. He immediately started to talk about cancer, lymphoma, and saying that my dog was "untreated" for too long, and probably she was very damaged, and he belittled our previous vet, who is an awesome professional in Maryland. He wanted to perform an endoscopy and biopsy as well, but I refused until having the ultrasound results. She is a 2 years old dog, who is healthy and active, and she visited the vet every time it was needed. She was never "untreated". I sent the results and images to my previous vet, and he said her liver size is normal, and also the lab results confirm that her liver size is normal, but Mr Hamilton insists in saying she has an enlarged liver "and we can't do anything about it" and she needs more exams. I am under the impression that he scared the *** out of me to make me pay for lots of exams, I spent over a thousand dollars in a week at his place, because he said he wanted to rule out lymphoma. He still wanted me to do other exams but I refused. I left his place crying, thinking that my dog was about to die, because the way he looked at me and things he said. In addition, my dog is been taking 5 mg/day of a medication every day for the last two years: 2.5mg every 12 hs. This medication was prescribed by our previous vet, and never changed the dose in 2 years because this is the appropriate for her weight. When I started the bottle of the same medication that I bought at Beach buddies, I noticed that I gave my dog TWICE THE DOSE, 5MG instead of 2.5mg, because they filled the prescription wrong. I called them to notify the mistake, and the vet tech -besides not asking me how my dog was doing, or telling me to go there for them to have my dog checked-, she said they don't sell the dosage my dog needs, that I need to give her a quarter of a pill, when it is written in the bottle "1/2 pill every 12 hours". When I mentioned this, she said Mr Hamilton changed my dog's dose, and I know for sure this is not true, because we never even discussed or I authorized such thing. I wanted her to check my dog, and she said I had nothing to worry about about, so I ended up with my dog drooling and nauseous on an ER somewhere else. Not to mention that on the first appointment, he checked my dog on my lap, instead of on the table, and his hands were too close from my breasts, so on the second appointment I took my husband with me. Stay away from this place, he is not trustworthy. I will never go back to that place, and I strongly recommend people to stay away.
ID
#1619799 Review #1619799 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service
Beach Buddies Of New Jersey Veterinarian
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
I would like him to pay for the Emergency services and medications I have to give my dog because of his/his staff mistake.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article