Menards stole my roofing nail gun

I received a brand new, unopened package, Senco roofing nailer from a friend who owed me money. He told me it was bought at Menards and I decided to exchange it for a more expansive framing nailer and pay the difference. I had no receipt so once at the returns counter they checked the tool and told me to go get the one I would like to buy instead. Upon returning the store manager began to give me suspicious looks asking when it was bought and if I came alone in the store. They opened the package and found the tool inside untouched. Then they took my drivers license, made a copy and told me to call corporate office, because they can't find the store the roofing nailer was bought from. I called corporate a few times and they continue to give me the run around. In my opinion all the people who were ripped off like that should go to a major news paper and tell the story. Only bad publicity or a law suit will teach them a lesson.

Air nailers are a high theft item, Menards inventories them daily. If you come in with out a receipt and they check the counts and they are off by 1; they will obtain the item as a stolen item.

Why not ask your friend why he didn't have a receipt? And ask him why he bought something brand new and just wanted to give it away asap to pay off a debt.

ID
Chicago, Illinois
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article