Verified Reviewer

Great parts advise!

Yesterday I had a bug reflector added to my 2018 Elantra. It looks great. A few days earlier I spoke To Sean in parts. He let me take a new bug deflector out to my car to see how it looked. He even informed me about a 3M film that was available at an auto body shop. After reviewing my options, I made an appointment with the quote Sean gave me. Sean made the process very easy. Brad Parry Alliston
Tottenham, Ontario
Reason of review
Fair pricing

Never again

I WOULD STRONGLY RECOMMEND GOING ANYWHERE BUT HERE. No concern for you, your vehicle, your safety, your time, your job, your money. Once you sign those papers and drive away in a brand new $40000 vehicle, you're just another person to them. I had warranty issues since before I left the lot (scratch in dash) first service I complained of bad shifting and my USB port won't work. Ashleigh told me that I am using the wrong cord and it's my fault. (Let's add how rude of a human she is) Problem not resolved till 32 000kms, when they replaced it due to a faulty connection inside the port. Second service I complained I still had bad shifting and now a vibration throughout entire vehicle. At 30 000KM on my 2018 Santa Fe Sport I noticed my passenger window was scratched in multiple places from a faulty seal. I had to fight to get the window replaced, I had to fight to have the shifting assessed, turns out it had a FAULTY TRANSMISSION since NEW. My dash was still not repaired. Baytowne did nothing to help me out with this situation. I had to fight and fight to get a rental car paid - they had no plan of ever offering help. Dave the service manager told me it would be "fun" to have 2-4 days off work? (I live 2 hours away in a small town) You're kidding right. Also, due to this vibration my tires have uneven cupping. Well apparently cupping happens on all SUV's and it's also normal to burn through a set of tires I got January 18th-November 1st. He then proceeded to tell me that you don't buy an SUV for luxury and the vibration is due to my *** suspension the vehicle comes with. I actually work at a dealership where I am the Warranty Administrator - I know how warranty works. But I guess being so young I am easy for them to take advantage of. I went in for a basic service with an appointment made way in advance, they didn't do my oil change till 2 hours after I dropped it off and my boyfriend asked why the car hadn't even moved. So please, if I can even help one person not have to go through the same nightmare with this greedy location/company I would be happy.
Barrie, Ontario
Product
Warranty Direct Warranty

Baytowne Hyundai Barrie - Oil Filter Review from Wasaga Beach, Ontario

I was warned by someone who had previously purchased an elentra as well as a Tuscon that they like the product but not this dealership, I never had a problem (and quite liked) this dealership till Saturday. I went into parts asked for an oil filter for a 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe with a 3.5 liter engine without looking up the part the attendant gives me a filter I ask him did they change the box it's different he answers yes I get home ( midland) guess what? Wrong filter!!!!! Not only did I drive from midland to Barrie for this ( having read in forums it's best to use actual Hyundai filters) it was +5 on the weekend and I couldn't do my oil change, now I have to make a return trip to Barrie then do my oil change in -20 weather this weekend as I don't have a garage! Thanks a lot oh ya and when I call to complain the parts manager says all I can do is return and get u the right one- nice! It's as far to Barrie for me as it is to orillia and guess which one I will be using for my next vehicle purchase!

wasaga beach or midland. Your story changes.

What did you expect them to fly the right filter to you. Man people expect the world. Get over it.

Get a life. Quit ***.

I'm going to guess that you'll give the first dealership another chance.

Sounds like an honest mistake.

I had a bad experience at this dealership my first visit. I waited over an hour for an oil change.

What more can they do aside from apologize and exchange the part for you?

As consumers we expect people to be perfect and when mistakes are made many of us are guilty of being unreasonable.

The bottom line for me is that at some point as an owner I'm going to need the help of the dealership.

They certainly aren't obligated to give anyone special treatment. But when they see someone that they know to be reasonable, polite and faithful to them they are probably more likely to give that help.

View more comments (1)
Wasaga Beach, Ontario
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Baytowne Hyundai Motors in Barrie - After Sales Service worst ever .

We bought a brand new Hyundai Sonata from Baytowne Motors in Barrie, Ontario. 2100 kilometres after the purchase the engine light came on and indicated that there was a problem. We immediatley took the vehicle back to Baytowne Hyundai to the blank and very condescending stare of the service manager Darlene Playne. Darlene seems like she is a breathing human being but when it comes to a customer who has a problem she cocoons like a caterpiller in the spring. Her only defense is to blame the driver, the road conditions and the manufacturer first before she agrees that under warrantly they should review the problem. Upon review, they indicate that yes indeed the engine light has come on but fail to get it fixed under many trips back and forth to Baytowne. Engine light continues to signal and diagnostics continue to light up with severe electrical issues. After several attempts to get this ongoing problem fixed ( clearly a lemon product or at best a possessed truck) we demand to see Jim Williams - the owner. Now, Jim is the president of the local Rotary Club and a very visible individual. Visible until the contract is signed. Once contract has been enacted Jim buries his formidable head into the sand like a female Ostrich in heat. Never returns calls, missed set appointments to solve problems and looks at his cell phone like it is a hand grenade and needs to be dismantled. Next step president of Hyundai Canada - Once we elevated the problem to the president they were quick to investigate and put their customer service team on it. They acted quickly to determine that the dealer is responsible for solving the problem of a clearly lemon product. Oh, Oh - back to the land of blank stares,the Abbott and Costello routine of "Blame the customer" and Ostriches. Needles to say, we have a new round of electical distruptions each and every day, stalled engine, no onboard lights, oil lights flashing etc and only to be told that we should invest $2300.00 so that Hyundai can replace each of the flashing diagnostics without knowing if that is the problem - starting with the catalytic converter - the most expensive part. Nice work Jim - keep up the good faith and your continued success in moving vehicles without a repeat customer. Truly miraculous. I think the product is good when fixed but I do know to never, ever deal with Baytowne Hyundai Barrie and their cast of characters.

Darlene is a ***! Should never be working with customers.

Barrie, Ontario

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article