Verified Reviewer

Service dept repairs need all new workers

Update by user Aug 23, 2020

I am going to sue Bay Ridge Volvo for destroying the work they did to the inside of my auto. No dealer I ever been to has ever showed me this type of work habits.

If I continued to go there I might not have a car. And Bay Ridge manager had the nerve to bar me from a public place, how stupid is that.

Original review posted by user Jul 23, 2020
I purchased 04 Touareg in 07, dark dark crystal green so dark it looked black. I have had a few problems that never came back. I feel if the car is taken care of it will last. This Touareg has proven to be a good auto. Its still running smooth no leaks from under we doing good. I do not leave it anywhere, people wanna work on it to learn and I only use professionals. I have to watch you work on my car except for the dealer. This car is different from the rest you can not use other brand parts. Only VW parts work properly. I live in NC I drive to NY a lot my car broke down once last year. Had to have it towed to NY from somewhere in NJ. Bay Ridge Volvo fixed the problem to break other items. Customer service is not what it use to be. December 2019 Bay Ridge Volvo fixed something. they broke right side moulding hid it on passenger side between seat and console. three days later I find it. call them, come back we will put it on. Go back moulding is on but they broke mirror adjuster. Come back so we can see, they ordered come back it the wrong part. Bay Ridge Volvo called I go back mirror adjuster is in but its not. Console arm pops open. Now that's broke. I am sick and tired of these people breaking my car. VW Headquarters said: private owners. I paid to have the console fixed so I will sue Bay Ridge Volvo for the balance.

User's recommendation: you take care your car others should too.

ID
#2076673 Review #2076673 is a subjective opinion of poster.
New York, New York
Service
Bay Ridge Volkswagen Car Repair

Verified Reviewer

Bay Ridge Volkswagen service

When I take my auto to a reputable business I expect this business to be better at what they do than others. I am 75 years old and feel Bay Ridge Volvo American, Inc. has not lived up to any expectations regarding my auto. I have 04 Touareg VW. I take very excellence care of my auto and I do not appreciate Bay Ridge Volvo breaking these things and think it's OK because the car is old. I had some repairs done in December 2019. this is when this problem started. After I picked up my auto I left to go south never checking on any thing because what could be broke. They fixed the problem. Well I found my left side rocker panel moulding inside car on passenger side hiding. Mirror adjuster was pushed down into the console. Panel over left door dirty. My interior is light tan why would they touch that with dirty hands. Now the console came apart because they broke it putting in mirror adjuster. I do not understand these people why they can't get it right. Now Andrew the manager do not know his last name he barred me, I cannot come in the shop. That is fine with me. Andrew said he will replace the pieces for the console but I must pay to have it installed. I did not break it I do not see why I have to contribute to their misdoings. People's this is not right Bay Ridge Volvo should be held accountable. I love my Touareg and I have taken great care for all these years. Now the conduct of service professional for thirty years got out his seat and approach me like he was going to hit me. He was asking me about discounts like I had many. I only had one discount, only one. Jerry Suarez serviceman, very disrespectful he stated my car was old and its falling apart. I know its old so you have to treat with care and when you break something say so, fix it, and I will be on my way. They say come this day the part is in Oh after I am sitting there they have the wrong part.. They wasting my time so I went off and now I am not allowed in the shop. well that's great except Bay Ridge needs to be responsible for installation fees. Bay Ridge broke the part and they should pay. And no I do not want to leave my auto with them ever again. I have pictures if needed. Thank you and I pray you solve this problem ASAP.

User's recommendation: check your auto.

ID
#2008597 Review #2008597 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service
Bay Ridge Volkswagen Car Repair
Preferred solution
Bay Ridge Volvo needs to pay for repairs that they caused.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article