Piss-poor customer service!

I purchased a 1970 TR6R and presently performing a total restoration. I've been ordering lots of parts through their website, close to $2000 so far! They sold me a rear sprocket, it did not fit- horrible machining with bolt hole spacing off by a mile! I called and requested they send a call tag for it, as I did not wish to spend my time taking it to the PO, then hoping I'd get a refund on the shipping I'd need to pay for. Their rep basically told me to pound sand, 'mail it back, we're not sending a call tag!" I tried to explain that I wasn't returning it due to any reason other than IT WAS BADLY MADE, AND DID NOT FIT!!! I told him this was their fault, not mine, and to please help me out by sending a call tag for it. He then told me to 'weigh it and send them the information for the call tag'. Excuse me? You don't have one there you can weigh? Then again, "Just mail it back!" Needless to say I lost it, and told this bozo where he could stick their sprocket! I then asked to speak with Baxter. Baxter called me back, told me to shove off and 'never call or purchase from them again!' and he hung up! WOW! Absolutely unbelievable!!!! I replied back by message and told him what I thought of him and his lousy customer service, and that if most of the parts I'd already purchased from their business were not presently on the bike, I'd send them ALL back to him! Horrible people!!! Kudos to CBS parts! Great young man owns this vintage Triumph/BSA parts business, and he's doing an excellent job! I've had zero issues dealing with him, always friendly and very helpful. Night and day compared with Baxter's horror show!
ID
Connell, Washington

Randy Baxter sold me a bill of goods not a servicable motorcycle

Update by user Apr 25, 2012

Update!!!!

Randy Baxter has offered to buy the bike back for the purchase price after me putting $6000+(and I have the receipts to prove it) into it to remedy the problems he says were \"quite normal\" to be found on a bike this age\".

If it was \"quite normal\", then you knew exactly where to look for problems. . . or did you?

How about if you put the money into the bike in the first place. . . or at least inspect the bike before selling it???????????

All you did was flip someone else s headache. And I was that unlucky soul.

Original review posted by user Mar 25, 2012
I purchased an 82 Triumph TSS from them about five years ago. They delivered it to my home in CT promptly. From there it was downhill all the way. The Bing Carburetors that pissed fuel all over the place should have told me to eat the $400.00 shipping and just send it back. Not to mention the improperly routed front brake lines. . .Or the tie wrap that held the clutch lever in the open position. . .(Randy claimed at the time that this was a "Normal thing for these bikes"). Yes he did put a new rear tire on it. Over the subsequent years (To Date), I have had to have replaced/ rebuilt the following: The brake lines, all of them.Quite a bit of the electrical system. including the battery, and other burnt parts in the electronics. Remove and rebuild the Sprague Clutch.Insert a Spindle into the rear wheel that was missing entirely. Missing this caused the Veglia Speedo pickup to be crushed as the rear wheel was always loose and therefore needed constant tightening.The clutch needed rebuilding to a stock unit as it was always seizing.The mufflers needed replacing right away as they were just holding together. There are more things to come and a website with all the gory details. Including Pics and write-ups by the person that I had to have fix all the problems. All of these things and more should have been picked up and replaced as a matter of course NOT passed on to the Witless consumer as a bike with 2200 miles on it. More to come as this story is not over . . . Robert Stewart Update! Many thousands of dollars later and lots of upgrades/repairs have made this a bike that is at best a good used Triumph. It should have never happened that way Randy. . . Take a little more pride in what you offer. . .at least change the oil! Now I am going to get the Starter situation sorted out once and for all. Robert Stewart
ID
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article